15260Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: bears.

  • gene703
    Oct 5, 2005
      I hunt several times a year and have no problem skinning a dear ar a boar but several years ago on the trip to Alaska I had a chance to take down a bear, had it in my sights and could not pull a trigger, instead I was glued to binoculars for the next 20 minuts. I don't understand people who kill for fun, hunting animals like bear or elefant or shark is plain ugly and should be condemned. Real Americans don't shoot what they don't eat. That's conservation, environmental stewarship if you will.

      vkozyreff <vladimir.kozyreff@...> wrote:Dear Matushka,

      Bears are not that terrible to orthodox.

      One was a friend to St Seraphim of Sarov.

      http://www.vniief.ru/church/holy.html

      Another one rescued Metropolitan Peter while in exile. He was thrown
      out of railway a carriage to freeze to death, while Met Sergius was
      writing declarations.

      http://www.synodinresistance.gr/Theo_en/E3d5023NMPetr.pdf

      Holy martyr St Dorymedon was spared by the bear to which he had been
      given by his torturers to be eaten up.

      http://www.orthodox.net/menaion-september/19-holy-martyrs-trophimus-
      sabbatius-and-dorymedon.html

      In God,