15221Re: [orthodox-synod] Stockholm syndrom

  • gene703
    Oct 1, 2005
      Has anyone, anywhere in recent memory seen any head of any major Christian denomination in the West blessing long range strategic nuclear bombers and giving out an endless stream of church orders to heads of national intelligence and interior ministries ? Wow, talk about Sergianism embedded on an almost genetic level. Patriarch Alexei 2 just can't pass a spy ot a cop without bestowing some kind of award. It must be this affinity for the kidnappers that victims sometime develop after prolonged captivity.

      DDD <dimitradd@...> wrote:
      I couldn't agree more! Maybe he'd be happier if they were still naming their ships after the Christian-killing Lenin. Would that everyone in our navies and military would end their days as St. Fyodor (Ushakov) did, having quit the military and retired to perform great works of charity.

      --Dimitra Dwelley

      To: viewerservices@...

      Re: Countdown with Keith Olbermann' for Sept. 27th

      I would like to register my protest against Mr. Olbermann's
      classification His Holiness the Patriarch of Russia Alexei II as the
      third worst person in the world. ?From the transcript:

      "But, first, time for COUNTDOWN`s list of today`s three nominees for
      the coveted title of worst person in world.

      Nominated at the bronze level, Patriarch Alexei II, the head of the
      Russian Orthodox Church, who has just this week elevated a Russian
      military hero from the era of Napoleon. ?Admiral Fiodor Ushakov has
      been named the church`s patron saint of long distance Russian
      aircraft carrying nuclear weapons.

      Then lobbeth thou thy holy hand grenade."

      As an Orthodox Christian, I find this comment insulting, not only to
      myself but also to the whole Christian community. ?I believe that
      Mr. Olbermann should apologize for such a bigoted and callous tirade
      and retract his statement. ?The patriarch, in the interest of
      instilling Christian ideals in the pilots of the Russian Airforce,
      named a historical hero as their patron. ?Admiral Ushakov was a
      Russian (not of the Communist era) hero who helped repel the
      invasion of Napolean. ?Besides being a military hero, he led a life
      of Christian piety and prayer and tried to instill the sense
      compassion and charity in his men. ?From what I recall from US
      history classes, we attribute similar characteristics to George
      Washington. ?Does not the US name its warships, some of which carry
      nuclear weapons, after its heroes, such as Lincoln and Eisenhower,
      in order to inspire its armed forces to a higher ideal?

      I would like to know what Mr. Olbermann finds so horrible in the
      Patriarch's actions. ?Is it the fact the Patriarch is trying is
      inspire Christian values in the Russian military? ?As an American-
      born Christian of Russian heritage, I am deeply insulted and MSNBC
      has lost another viewer.

      Rev. Alex Kotar

      Seattle, WA

      Jewish orthodox Orthodox Orthodox church Sect of judaism