15146Re: Will the Real ROCOR Please Stand Up.

  • vkozyreff
    Sep 10, 2005
      Dear Gene,

      What you are doing is just making a statement. It contributes to
      nothing.

      Saying: "to call it a church is a bit of overstatement" is just a
      declaration. You just express your position, which has been known for
      a while.

      Moreover, you use words like "disgraceful", "their own reasons". I
      have no own reasons in this matter, I can assure you, nor do all
      those who lost their church and their friends in my surrounding.

      If I were to do the same as you, I would just state "there is indeed
      such a thing as ROCOR (V)", and I would add a few derogatory details
      about compromises, reasons why treasons occur, etc.

      Of course, it would add nothing to the search of the truth. It would
      just add to hatred and irritation. It is so little in Jesus' style.

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, gene703 <gene703@y...> wrote:
      > Come on Mikhael,
      >
      > there is no such thing as ROCOR(V)
      > there is retired Mp. Vitaly residing in Mansonville
      > there are several ROCOR old times rightly upset at his disgracefull
      treatment
      > plus a whole lot of assorted weirdos who hang out there for their
      own reasons that have nothing to with ROCOR
      > to call it a church is a bit of overstatement
      >
      > Gene T
      >

      > michael nikitin <nikitinmike@y...> wrote:
      > So ROCOR(L) is in communion with the St.Herman of Alaska
      Brotherhood whom they defrocked. This is sad.

      > I call ROCOR under Metr.Laurus ROCOR(L) and ROCOR under Metr.Vitaly
      ROCOR(V). One seems to hold to what we had under Holy Metr.Philaret
      while the other serves with those whom they defrocked. Will the real
      ROCOR please stand up?

      > Shouldn't we un-defrock them...if we can? This is embarassing at
      the least and uncanonical.
      > One can only imagine with whom we'll concelebrate once we unite
      with MP.

      > We're losing something. It's either grace or our minds...or both.
      >
      > Michael N
      >

      > "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@e...> wrote:
      > Athanasios Jayne wrote:
      >
      > > The St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood, in Platina,
      > > was received some time ago into the Serbian
      > > Patriarchate. Thus, we in ROCOR are in full
      > > Communion with them.
      >
      > JRS: (1) That still does not make it a "ROCOR calendar".
      >
      > (2) The Serbian Church has surely not added the name of Fr.
      Seraphim Rose to the calendar
      > of Saints.
      >
      > (3) While in ROCOR, the Platina brotherhood began issuing icons of
      St. John Maximovitch
      > when he had not been recognized yet as a Saint in ROCOR.
      >
      > (4) If, in fact, their calendar (which I haven't even seen) really
      does call Fr. Seraphim Rose a
      > Saint, such is only the private view of the publishers.
      >
      > In Christ
      > Fr. John R. Shaw

      Service.