      From: vkozyreff [mailto:vladimir.kozyreff@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:55 AM
      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [orthodox-synod] Re: PROPERTY DISPUTES HOLD BACK ORTHODOX CHURCH
      REUNION

      Dear List,

      About insulting and saying "you fool".

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not
      kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
      But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without
      a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say
      to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but
      whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire"
      (Mat. 5:21-22).

      The sixth law of Moses forbade the taking of a person's life. The
      Lord takes the idea of the sixth law deeper, and calls attention to
      the evil feelings which prod a person to kill, such as anger, malice
      and hatred.

      In essence, these unkind feelings urge a person to insult and demean
      his fellow human being. A Christian should restrain himself from any
      expression of malice against his fellow man, such as insults and
      humiliating words.

      http://www.fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/sermon_mount.htm

      But "anyone who says, `You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of
      hell." .

      Jesus points out that the murderous act springs from the angry
      thought. It is in the mind that the crime is first committed and
      judgment is incurred.

      The earthly court cannot take action against the angry thought, but
      the heavenly court can--and does.Behind the offending word lies the
      hostile thought.

      It is there that the guilty process starts; and if the hostile
      thought is not killed off as soon as the thinker becomes aware of it,
      then, although no earthly court may be in a position to take
      cognisance of it, that is what will be the first count in the
      indictment before the judgment-bar of God.

      http://www.gospelcom.net/ivpress/title/exc/1423-9a.php

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Dimitri G Temidis
      <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

      > Dear Kato:
      >
      > It seems one may say that you are "on the fence" when it comes to
      ROCOR's
      > participation in dialogue. I find that it is clear that you have
      fallen off
      > the fence and cracked your head. Based on what you post, what
      still remains
      > to be seen is to which side you have fallen....
      >
      > dyakon dimitri temidis
      >

      > In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "kato_ny" <kato_ny@y...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > the old record keeps skipping... and our church leaders who wish to
      > flock together, keep tripping on their feet... and what will they
      > think of next? "oh, this is not an issue, who really cares afterall
      > what Alexi #2 has stated...
      >

      > PROPERTY DISPUTES HOLD BACK ORTHODOX CHURCH REUNION
      >

      > MOSCOW, March 2 (RIA Novosti) - Last Monday, the relics of Grand
      > Duchess Elizabeth and her associate Barbara, a nun, were brought
      > back to the Convent of St. Mary Magdalene in Jerusalem after a six-
      > month-long tour of Russia. The convent belongs to the Russian
      > Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR), Novye Izvestia reports.
      >
      > A delegation of the Moscow Patriarchy left for Paris the next day
      > for the fourth meeting of the commission on dialogue with the
      > ROCOR. "ROCOR structures located on the Russian Orthodox Church's
      > canonical territory" will be a central issue at the meeting. In
      > addition, those attending the meeting are expected to define the
      > term "canonical territory."
      >
      > Five days after Israel was established, the Soviet Union's People's
      > Commissariat of Internal Affairs (NKVD) appointed an envoy for
      > Russian property in Israel. Later, the Soviet government sent
      Moscow
      > Patriarchy representatives to Jerusalem and claimed ownership over
      > all monasteries, convents, churches, and relics. ROCOR monks were
      > simply deported from the country.
      >
      > In 1997, the Palestinian authorities forced ROCOR monks and nuns to
      > leave the St. Trinity Monastery in Hebron and handed the monastery
      > over to the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC). In January 2000, the
      > Palestinian military arrested monks in the ROCOR church in Jericho,
      > and the church was immediately transferred to the Moscow
      Patriarchy.

      > When meeting with the new Palestinian leader, Mahmoud Abbas, the
      > other day, Alexiy II, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia,
      > thanked the Palestinian authorities for transferring the ownership
      > of the Hebron and Jericho property in question to the ROC's Russian
      > Orthodox Mission.
      >
      > "I am very disappointed [by the patriarch's statement]," said
      > Archbishop Mark of Berlin and Germany. "When we were launching the
      > process we made a statement that we must refrain from any
      activities
      > and pronouncements that could upset the other party," he said.
      >
      > However, the archbishop has not always followed his own advice. He
      > has criticized the Russian Orthodox Church for many years and once
      > he went as far as described it as "non-gracious."
      > --- End forwarded message ---

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic