13733RE: [orthodox-synod] Re: Documents Concerning the HOCNA Separation?

  • Fr. Alexis Duncan
    Mar 2, 2005
      No Fr. John. The synod of bishops published an anathema to
      be appended to the service for those who have gone astray,
      sung on the Sunday of Orthodoxy. You know that well and I am
      sure you have a copy of it. It wasn't just a "hearing" of a
      report or suggestion of Vladika Afannassy. Why would you
      suggest such an obvious misrepresentation? I have noticed
      that often when arguments find no substantive response, we
      frequently hear bits and pieces of nonsensical "infobytes"
      that may or may not be true, bearing no relation to the
      current discussion.

      Fr. John, let me ask. Are you saying that the anathema was
      wrong and should be rescinded? Are you saying that what is
      states represents a falsehood? If not, then why are you
      attempting to make strides in discrediting it? Just curious.

      Fr. Alexis Duncan
      Joy of All Who Sorrow Russian Orthodox Church
      Atlanta, GA
      www.orthodoxinfo.biz

      JRS: Perhaps it was a mistake to represent this as an
      anathema. The bishops, after all, did not
      really hurl any anathemas; they simply heard Vl. Afanassy
      say in his speech that "we ought to
      include the ecumenists and modernists among those
      anathematized in the Sunday of
      Orthodoxy service".
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic