13630A correction for Vladimir (Werner) Saemmler-Hindrichs

  • Nicholas Steblez
    Feb 3, 2005
      My dear brother in Christ Vladimir (Werner) Saemmler-Hindrichs,

      Christ is in our midst!

      I'm afraid you've made a bit of a mistake. I, crocodile1953@..., am not Hristofor and that was not my post. I am, rather Nicholas Steblez. I think your mistake is that you've selected Hristofor's post out of mine where I had included it for reference.

      Your brother in Christ,
      The unworthy serevant of God
      Nicholas Steblez

      antiquariu@... wrote:

      In a message dated 2/3/2005 2:59:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      crocodile1953@... weeps bitter crocodile tears:

      If those flavours aren't enough, we have
      other Orthodox jurisdictions such as both new and old calendar Greeks
      also trying to get in on the act. This of course is only the Orthodox.
      There are Roman Catholics, Baptists, Pentecostals, Mormons, Jehovahs
      Witness et al also invading.

      Yesterday I was looking for a zhitija on the net and I stumbled on a
      site (http://svd.org.ru/start/index.php) which at first appeared to be
      Baptist (judging by the logo), but I realized that it was RC. If you are
      not Orthodox, you may not even realize that you are on an non-Orthodox
      site. The first article was about a "Catechism College" in Baranovichi,
      Belarus, where classes are conducted/* in Russian*/. Belarus has a
      substantial RC population, which is made up mostly of ethnic Poles and
      some Belorussians. One would think that this College would be conducting
      classes in Polish or possibly Belorussian , but since Poles are already
      Catholic and are not in need of R/C catechism, whom better to
      proselityze among than Russians? I was then shocked to click on the
      Moscow link and see that the RC church in Moscow is named St Olga. Of
      all the RC saints they could have chosen, they had to pick a Russian
      saint? How sneaky and perfidious. Why didn't they name their church
      after one of their "martyrs," whom they believe to have been "martyred"
      by the Orthodox? Or were they afraid that the Orthodox of Moscow would
      run them out of the city?

      Everyone who thinks that they have the "real and untarnished" Orthodoxy
      need to get their heads out of the sand and face the reality and
      seriousness of the situation as it is today in Russia.

      Hristofor

      Dear Hristofor! Lord have mercy! Who issued you a blagodarometer?

      Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not really out to get you!
      I have more than a passing familiarity with Belarus, having worked in the
      area for quite some time and also having been on one of the first American
      missions to Belarus as an independent country. Frankly, offering classes in
      Russian isn't surprising at all, since the vast majority of the urban population
      does not speak Belarusian. Even the President of the country (!in his own
      words!) is uncomfortable with Belarusian, which is only now coming into its
      own as a literary language, despite the politically correct tripe ones hears
      about that. And you are right! There are a lot of Roman Catholics in that
      country. Matter of fact, it's probably the majority of the population. You
      seem to forget that the northern Unia (Brest) took place there, even before the
      southern one. Folks get thrown off by the morpheme Rus. It has nothing to
      do with Russian. Belarus has more ethnic affinity with the Polish-Lithuanian
      Commonwealth than with Russia per se; both countries even have mirror image
      crests, the Vitas of the very Roman Catholic Knights Orders of a millenium in
      the past.

      And Baranovchi? As recently as 1917, this relatively new town (founded
      1870) was almost 100% Jewish. A Pale of Settlement creation, functioning as a
      railroad hub. Hardly a bastion of Orthodoxy to begin with, although there was
      one! Orthodox Church, a build-out of the chapel authorized by the Roman
      Catholic count who owned the forest so that the Russian railroad officials would
      have a place to pray. It was only those Godless Commies who changed the
      nature of the town.

      A far as the grandma of my patron saint is concerned, there are a lot of
      Ukrainians -- and a lot of Roman Catholics -- who would dispute the appelation
      of her being Russian. The Viking princess Helga unwittingly started a long
      tradition of Germanic-blooded royalty, a tradition maintained until at least
      1917! This is not a troll. The name Olga is almost as common in Roman
      Catholic circles as in Russian ones.

      Keep smiling Hristofor. And as Helga might have said "Erstens kommt es
      anders, zweitens als man denkt!"

      In-Christ
      Vladimir (Werner) Saemmler-Hindrichs
      Middleburg, Virginia

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child in need? �Click Here to meet a Girl
      And Give Her Hope�Click Here to meet a Boy
      And Change His Life Learn More