13102Re: Commemoration of the Heterodox (Was: Excellent advice from Fr. Tikhon Shevkunov)

  • frraphver
    Dec 2, 2004
      <vrevjrs@e...> wrote:
      > JRS: There is no rule that one particle or crumb must represent
      every name, and even those clergy who generate a huge pile of
      crumbs, do not really have an exact relationship between every
      particle and every name.
      Furthermore, since these crumbs are *not consecrated*, and not
      given in communion, a huge pile of them only complicates the
      celebration of the Liturgy, especially for the deacon who must
      consume the Holy Gifts.

      Fr Raphael Vereshack: It has taken me a number of years to reach
      this same conclusion both from the evidence of the proskomedia
      itself and by watching what other priests do. But some speak of the
      particles almost as if they were 'consecrated'; ie if there is not
      one particle for each name read then the person is not really prayed
      for. I think this whole subject needs to be addressed more clearly.

      > > In this case I have
      > > always wondered about the non-Orthodox names on the
      commemoration
      > > slips or books.
      >
      > JRS: There is no way to be sure about "Orthodox" and "non-Orthodox
      > names".
      >
      >Fr RV: I wasn't expressing myself clearly. I meant "names of non-
      Orthodox people".
      In Christ- Fr Raphael Vereshack
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic