12744Re: [orthodox-synod] MP nachala sud! Bozos in the woodwork!

  • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
    Oct 22, 2004
      >Dear in Christ Reader John:
      >I am at work and do not have access to an unabridged dictionary.
      >I am not able to find the word "banausic" in the dictionary on
      >my desk. Could you define this word?
      >Deacon Anthony
      >Joy of All Who Sorrow
      >Cumming, GA USA

      ba·nau·sic .
      * Merely mechanical; routine: “a sensitive, self-conscious creature...
      in sad revolt against uncongenially banausic employment” (London Magazine).
      * Of or relating to a mechanic.

      [Greek banausikos, from banausos, mechanic.]

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff