12563Re: Should ROCOR repent?

  • vkozyreff
    Oct 6, 2004
      Dear Athanasios,

      The questions are:

      - should ROCOR repent for refusing sergianism and ecumenism?
      - should the MP repent for following Met Sergius and still claiming
      it was a bold step that will have to be taken again?
      - shall we adopt sergianism as a teaching now and as a strategy soon
      when persecutions come again?

      We must use our discernment and follow the true traditional orthodox
      path. We cannot say: "practicing sergianism is as good as refusing
      it because we all sin".

      Saying "we all sin" is true, but irrelevant in the discussion. What
      you are doing is simply spreading confusion.

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Athanasios Jayne"
      <athanasiosj@j...> wrote:

      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com,
      > "orthodoxchurch_sg" >
      >
      > >Dear Vladimir:
      > > Who has no need of repentance?
      > > God bless / Fr Daniel
      >
      > Yes, repentance is always in season.
      >
      > The holy desert Fathers would even go so far
      > as to confess to faults they did not possess,
      > in order to encourage their weaker brethren, to
      > help them confess their true faults. By their
      > humility and their love, these blessed Fathers won
      > their brothers, and helped them overcome their sins.
      >
      > Truly this is the way of Christ.
      >
      > Who among us is without sin?
      >
      > When the Prodigal Son was returning to his
      > father, his father "saw him, and had
      > compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck,
      > and kissed him." His father did this even
      > before he could say, "Father, I have sinned."
      > It was enough for his father that his son had
      > returned. When his son confessed, his father
      > did not even acknowledge it, but said:
      > "Bring forth the best robe and put it on
      > him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes
      > on his feet: And bring hither the fatted
      > calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be
      > merry. For this my son was dead, and is
      > alive again; he was lost, and is found."
      >
      > This is a picture of our Father in heaven,
      > and Christ has said that we must be perfect,
      > just as our Father in heaven is perfect.
      >
      > Love, compassion, and humility are also
      > always in season.
      >
      > Athanasios.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic