12267Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: It Is Time to Know Our History

    Sep 2, 2004
      Dcn. BAsil Yakimov wrote:

      > - the Cheskisti aka
      > Drozodov & others are ruling the MP.

      JRS: First of all, I don't know how you were brought up, but I was told
      the following, long ago, by a very devout Russian lady whose father had
      been a priest who battled and kept his village church open during the
      worst of the Soviet persecution:

      "Why should we not attack priests or call them names?

      Because you do not know what he is doing at this moment. He may be
      carrying the Holy Gifts, or he may be celebrating the Divine Liturgy,
      or reading the Gospel. And how could one, at that moment, be calling
      him a scoundrel or using some such term of abuse?

      > Father Alexander is an excellent
      > adapter, a chameleon & his quotes are out of context we all know
      that & we
      > all know this from seminarian days that's how Father Alexander
      > works....... I would not want to be on a sinking ship with Father
      > Alexander at the HELM.

      JRS: This is simply character assassination.

      It is true that Fr. Alexander was gifted by God with a brilliant mind.
      That was no doing of his own, it was part of God's plan for him.

      And there are always people who envy those who have different gifts
      than they themselves.

      When Fr. Alexander was a seminarian, some of the others played a prank
      on him -- "ustroili temnoe". But he took it in a Christian way.

      Once when he was visiting Chicago, after the Divine Liturgy, a lady in
      the choir came out of church to find she had a flat tire. Fr.
      Alexander, who had just concelebrated with me, changed the tire for her
      at once, in his podriasnik.

      The fact that someone does not agree with you is no excuse to try
      and "demonize" them.