11555Re: letters to the Synod of Bishops

  • Athanasios Jayne
    Jun 29, 2004
      "We, the undersigned, respectfully address our
      Synod of Bishops with the insistent request to
      refrain from adopting any resolutions on the
      subject of unification in any form of our Church
      with the existing Moscow Patriarchate before the
      convocation of a ROCOR Sobor that would include
      the participation of bishops, priests and laity."<

      Has the Synod of Bishops ever *said* they
      plan to adopt resolutions on the subject of
      unification,--without the convocation of a
      ROCOR Sobor?

      If not, then the "Letter" has the appearance of
      haste, assumption, and presumption. Worse,
      it dishonors our Archpastors by an evident lack
      of trust.

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic