11518RE: [orthodox-synod] Re: letters to the Synod of Bishops

  • Fr. Alexis Duncan
    Jun 29, 2004
      I can affirm Fr. Basil’s statement. Three letters were
      adopted as official statements and were directed by Bishop
      Gabriel to appear on the synod web site. All clergymen
      present, with three exceptions, were of one mind. I expect
      the web site will include these statements within a day or
      so.

      Fr. Alexis Duncan

      we did not physically sign since the revised text was not in
      PRINT but had been edited. There was a question as to
      whether anyone DID NOT wish to sign, and the three
      individuals present who went to Moscow with the metropolitan
      refrained.

      Without a doubt, the remaining clergy are of ONE MIND and
      agree fully that the Holy Synod show restraint in these
      dealings with the MP.

      Fr. Basil

      Is it accurate to say that the letter was SIGNED by all
      those
      clergymen? The version I received stated that they had all
      attended
      this meeting, but did they all actually SIGN this
      document?

      --Elizabeth