10407Re: [orthodox-synod] Congratulations to Putin

  • for4z@aol.com
    Apr 1, 2004
      I was surprised by the prompt and lengthy response generated by my original posting. As all the other members of ROCOR, I am aware that we remain a part of the Russian Church. I am aware that President Putin is Orthodox and attends services (George Bush also attended an Orthodox service at the Kazan Cathedral in St. Petersburg). I am aware that Putin has a personal relationship with Metropolitan Laurus. As far as I'm concerned, the ENTIRE WORLD knows these things to be true; they are obvious to all.

      I, personally, saw the occurrence of our metropolitan personally congratulating the President of Russia to be somewhat humorous and ironic (especially in light of the events of the last 5 years).

      There's no need to feel attacked or prompted to play goal tender. Yeah it is still Great Lent (it's almost over though!), but that doesn't mean we can't still have a sense of humor about things.

      C'mon guys, who honestly DIDN'T smile when they heard the news???

      -Nick Zaharov