10400Re: [orthodox-synod] The Orthodox World-View - by Blessed Father Seraphim Rose

  • Peter Joshua Hatala
    Mar 31, 2004
      Paul,

      It was written by Hieromonk Damascene from Platina. It
      can be ordered from the monastery here:

      http://www.stherman.com/catalog/chapter_one/fsr_book.htm

      Fantastic book...much better than the first bio. The
      author's note at the back of the book states:

      "In seeking to be accountable to the Church, we have
      had this new version reviewed prior to publication by
      clergymen, monastics, and laypeople from the Russian
      Orthodox Church Abroad, the Serbian Orthodox Church,
      the Orthodox Church in America, the Antiochian
      Archdiocese of North America, the Greek Orthodox
      Archdiocese of North America, the Bulgarian Orthodox
      Church, and the Romanian Orthodox Church. "

      Then a list of names are provided. Seems like quite a
      different approach this time around!

      -Peter Hatala

      --- "Paul O. BARTLETT" <bartlett@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Peter Joshua Hatala wrote:
      >
      > > In the new biography, "Father Seraphim Rose: His
      > Life
      > > and Works" this topic is addressed. From page 1015
      > of
      > > the book:
      >
      > Who wrote this book? (Simple question for
      > information,
      > no sarcasm or criticism implied.) Where is it
      > available?
      > --
      >
      > Paul Bartlett
      > bartlett "at" smart "dot" net