The Decline and Fall of the Second Rome

  • lekanof_svv98118
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      Dear Fathers,

      I am not sure of this, but something came to mind in
      reading about people raised in the West not being sympathetic to the
      Decline and Fall of the Second Rome. I tried to find the article to
      reply after its tekst, but i could not find it when i wanted to give
      a reply.

      I suspect that the Fall of the Second Rome was not the
      conquering of Constantinople by the victorious Turks, just as,
      perhaps, the Third Rome (Moscow)did not actually "fall" when the
      Bolsheviks seized power in Russia and eventually subdued the openly-
      functioning part of the Russian Church. I suspect further that
      heresy IS CAUSING the fall of the Second Rome and that the Third Rome
      IS NOT AFFECTED.

      I would appreciate any feedback that anyone can give me
      on this.

      Vasily P. Lekanof