RE: [orthodox-rocor] CS Font

  • Alex Primak
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2009
      Everyone I know uses "Irmologion" (http://irmologion.ru). If you're interested in seeing what it looks like, download some pdfs from here: http://www.orthlib.info/

      Alex Primak

      To: orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com
      From: Jamesdm49@...
      Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:36:16 +0000
      Subject: [orthodox-rocor] CS Font

      I'm on the scout for a decent Church Slavonic font with a full set of
      characters, accents and titly. I found several free fonts online, but
      the only one with a full set of unicode characters was something
      called "Bukyvede". However, the "×" is really ugly. It looks more like
      a latin "Y". A CS font similar to the one used in
      Gil'tebrandt' s "Slovar' k psaltiri" would be great.

    • antiquariu@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2009
        David - I'll look through some of my old diskettes; I have some old TrueType fonts I use for setting wedding invitations, one of which (Optina?) might be nice.  These were originally issued for early windows, but TrueType is TrueType.

        Vova Hindrichs
        Washington DC

        In a message dated 2/12/2009 6:47:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Jamesdm49@... writes:
        I'm on the scout for a decent Church Slavonic font with a full set of
        characters, accents and titly. I found several free fonts online, but
        the only one with a full set of unicode characters was something
        called "Bukyvede". However, the "×" is really ugly. It looks more like
        a latin "Y". A CS font similar to the one used in
        Gil'tebrandt's "Slovar' k psaltiri" would be great.

        Nothing says I love you like flowers! Find a florist near you now.
      • David M. James
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2009
          Thanks, Alex, and to everyone else who responded to my request for a
          good CS font. I went to the irmologion site and downloaded the
          author's update to the irmologion font, called "Hirmos", and it works
          beautifully. And thanks, too, for the link to your site. It's great!

          --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, Alex Primak <alexprimak@...>
          wrote:

          > Everyone I know uses "Irmologion" (http://irmologion.ru). If you're
          interested in seeing what it looks like, download some pdfs from
          here: http://www.orthlib.info/ Alex Primak

          > To: orthodox-rocor@...: Jamesdm49@...: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:36:16
          +0000Subject: [orthodox-rocor] CS Font

          > I'm on the scout for a decent Church Slavonic font with a full set
          of characters, accents and titly. I found several free fonts online,
          but the only one with a full set of unicode characters was something
          called "Bukyvede". However, the "×" is really ugly. It looks more
          like a latin "Y". A CS font similar to the one used in
          Gil'tebrandt's "Slovar' k psaltiri" would be great.

          > Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.
          > http://windowslive.com/explore?
          ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_022009

        • Alex Primak
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2009
            No problem. However, I should point out that if you're referring to the orthib.info website, the author is William Churchill.
            Alex Primak

            To: orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com
            From: Jamesdm49@...
            Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:02:13 +0000