Re: [orthodox-rocor] Fw: Neomartyr Alexander Schmorells

  • Margaret Lark
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2001
      From: "Petteri ja Paula Genis" <pgenis@...>
      Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:36:19 -0500

      >I hope the story below is a good preparation for the Nativity on the old calendar,

      Thank you so much for sharing this story on this list. As someone who lived in Germany for three years, I have long been interested in the White Rose, and lately also in the growth of the Orthodox faith in that country. But never would I have imagined that the two converged! Of course I had read of Alexander Schmorells (Schmorell, as I have read his name), of Hans and Sophie Scholl, and Christoph Probst, who I understand became a Christian in the last hours before his death. How wonderful it would be to see Alexander elevated to the status of a saint. Please keep us all posted on the development of this.

      Margaret the sinner

      Glory to God in all things!