Re: Question on Metropolitan Philaret

  • Fr. John R. Shaw
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
      --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...> wrote:

      > Dear in Christ Fr. Stefan!
      >
      > Don't be shy about remembering your own Ruling Bishop for some 30
      > years -- the ever-memorable Archbishop Anthony (Medvedev) of San
      > Francisco -- a man of
      > prayer and great spiritual insight. I have no doubts about considering him
      > to be among the choirs of the Saints.

      JRS: One of the first saintly hierarchs that I would name, is Archbishop Nikon,
      of Washington and Florida, who reposed in 1976, before the time of many
      who now read these lists.

      I am aware of that, because I was close to Vl. Nikon.

      Archbishop Anthony of San Francisco was indeed also of great holiness.

      Metropolitan Laurus was not only good and kind, he also was able to console:
      or rather, to bring one back to the consolation that is always present in the
      Church.

      In Christ
      Fr. John R. Shaw
    • frvictor@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
        Historically speaking, the very deed of unify the Church would --and should --in itself be a case for glorification, not to mention Vladyka Laurus' monastic podvig. Undoubtedly, should one of our First Hierarch's be glorified by the Church, Metropolitan Laurus would be first.

        Priest Victor Boldewskul

        From: "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...>