A new member wishes to contact an old friend

  • iceyicons
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2008
      Hello, I wanted to introduce myself. I am Ksenia Gutzke, a member of
      Fr. John Whiteford's parish, St. Jonah of Manchuria ROC in Spring, Tx.
      I recently moved back to Texas, to a remote farm in SE Tx. I live 90
      miles from the nearest Orthodox Church, and so am happy to be on the
      list where I can hear from other Orthodox Christians.
      I am an iconographer and convert of about 6 years, although I was
      an inquirer or catechumen also for about 6 years. My husband and eldest
      daughter did not convert with me from the Lutheran faith, but my middle
      child is Orthodox, and I hope my baby due in August will be. I hope you
      will pray for us about that.
      When I moved, I worried that my old friend Joanna Higginbotham
      would no longer have my address, and I had lost contact with her after
      her last move. Her ROCOR priest in Pa. was Hieromonk German, but I
      don't remember the name of her parish. I was wondering if someone who
      knows her would email me so they can give her my new contact info. We
      went to church together in Al. when I was a catechumen, and kept up our
      friendship through letters after my baptism while she lived in Pa.
      Sincerely, Ksenia
    • michele yarnes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2008

        Fr. German Ciuba is the Priest at St. Stephen's in Old Forge PA.  He has had commentary here in the last few weeks.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2008
          --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "iceyicons" <KseniaKristinIcons@...> wrote:

          I had lost contact with her

          She is my Godmother. I've emailed you with her address.
          Mikhaila