Re: Orthodox 'Gadget' For Windows Vista

  • Al Green
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2008
      ***The one flaw, as I see it, in the Gadget as it is now available,
      is that the entire Gadget image is a hot link that, when clicked on,
      allows a fly-out with the current day's feasts and saints plus
      Scripture readings (new calendar). If you want to detach the Gadget
      from the Gadget Pane, it snaps into the upper left corner of the
      monitor and cannot be moved. There is no place to click, hold, and
      drag the image to another location on the desktop.

      Al

      --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "Billo, John" <johnbillo@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear George,
      >
      > Christ is risen !
      >
      > You might try getting in touch with the author of the Menologion
      > software which has daily Bible readings, Synaxarion, and Troparion
      and
      > Kontakion of the day. It has a "switch" to flip between the Old
      and New
      > calendars.
      > http://orthodox.cn/software/menologion3_en.htm
      >
      > Also, the Holy Trinity ROC website has much of this info on their
      > calendar page, with additional links at the bottom of the page.
      > http://www.holytrinityorthodox.com/calendar/
      >
      > If you contact their webmaster, perhaps they would be willing to
      provide
      > you with the necessary materials.
      >
      > In Christ,
      > Rdr John Billo
      >
      > ________________________________

      Orthodox
      > Church
      > >> in America, Holy theophany Orthodox Church, Colorado Springs, CO.
      > >>

      > >> ***It's called the Daily Reading gadget with an icon of Christ (I
      > wish the
      > >> icon was smaller). It gives the user the saints and feasts
      > commemorated on
      > >> the current day, plus all of the day's scripture readings (New
      > Calendar).
      > >>

      > >> ***The free gadget is available for download from Microsoft's
      Gadget
      > >> Gallery:
      > >>

      > http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=78497ff6-bef4-44e7-
      85bf-4
      > c1cc643e5be&bt=1&pl=1
      > <http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=78497ff6-bef4-44e7-
      85bf-
      > 4c1cc643e5be&bt=1&pl=1>
      > >>

      > >> or
      > >>

      > >> http://tinyurl.com/668fhc <http://tinyurl.com/668fhc>
      > >>
      > >> ------------------------------
      > >> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!
      Mobile.
      > Try it

      now.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=A
      hu
      > 06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06
      i6
      > 2sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> >

    • Stephen Shott
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
        In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "Fr_David Straut"
        <FrDavidStraut@...> wrote:

        > Christ is risen!
        > An Apple a day keeps Microsoft away. What about a widget for Macs?
        > Just kidding. I'm on the Old Calendar anyway.
        >
        > Fr David Straut

        There is a Mac widget which provides a list of the saints commemorated
        on the current day and brief lives for some of them. It is available
        from the St. John the Baptist parish web site at http://www.stjohnthebaptist.org.au/downloads/index.html
        . It works with both the old and new calendar.

        In Christ,

        Stephen

        --
        Stephen Shott