Re: [orthodox-rocor] Itar-Tass: ROCOR head Metropolitan Laurus dies

  • Carol Surgant
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2008
      The news story from Itar-Tass is incorrect.  The 1st Pannykhida was served today.  The funeral is expected to be on Friday, because it will take days for all the hierarchs to arrive from overseas.

      >A funeral service for Metropolitan Laurus was held...
      If you run the Russian word "Pannychida" through a translator pgm you get "requiem", which some might think was the actual funeral, if the writer was not Orthodox.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2008
        http://www.russiatoday.ru/news/news/22188/video

        Reader Philosoph Uhlman
        St Sophia, Victoria BC
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2008
          On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:39 PM, Carol Surgant <casurgant@...> wrote:

          > The news story from Itar-Tass is incorrect. The 1st Pannykhida was served
          > today. The funeral is expected to be on Friday, because it will take days
          > for all the hierarchs to arrive from overseas.

          [ml] OH NO!!! I notice that no date was mentioned -- does anybody
          know the date of his death?

          In Christ,
          Meg Lark

          --
          Memory eternal!
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 17, 2008
            It was some time during the night, presumably the early hours of Sunday.

            Meg Lark <woolfolk3@...> wrote:
            On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:39 PM, Carol Surgant wrote:

            > The news story from Itar-Tass is incorrect. The 1st Pannykhida was served
            > today. The funeral is expected to be on Friday, because it will take days
            > for all the hierarchs to arrive from overseas.

            [ml] OH NO!!! I notice that no date was mentioned -- does anybody
            know the date of his death?

            In Christ,
            Meg Lark

            --