Pilgrimages to Russia and/or the Ukraine

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hello Folks,

      some one has asked me about whether or not there were any Church sponsored pilgrimages to Russia in the works for 2008 or 2009.  Any specifics would be appreciated.

      Fr. John Whiteford
      St. Jonah Orthodox Church
      Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/
    • Al Green
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
        ***Visit OrthodoxTours.Com:

        http://orthodoxtours.com/

        My former OCA priest, Fr. Ilya Gotlinski of Dormition of the Virgin
        Mary in Binghamton, NY, supplements his parish income by organizing
        tours to Russia (and elsewhere).

        Al

        --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. John Whiteford"
        <frjohnwhiteford@...> wrote:

        > Hello Folks,
        >
        > some one has asked me about whether or not there were any Church
        sponsored pilgrimages to Russia in the works for 2008 or 2009. Any
        specifics would be appreciated.

        > Fr. John
        Whiteford
        > St. Jonah Orthodox Church
        > Parish Home Page: http://www.saintjonah.org/
        rocor/
        > Parish News: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/saintjonah/
        > Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/

      • George
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
          I'm not sure if these are Church Sponsored or not:
          HolyPlacesAndWorldTravel.com

          George Green

          On Friday, November 30, 2007, at 08:03PM, "Fr. John Whiteford" <frjohnwhiteford@...> wrote:
          >Hello Folks,
          >
          >some one has asked me about whether or not there were any Church sponsored pilgrimages to Russia in the works for 2008 or 2009. Any specifics would be appreciated.
          >

          >Fr. John Whiteford
          >St. Jonah Orthodox Church
          >Parish Home Page: http://www.saintjonah.org/
          >Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/
        • DDD
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2007

            They are their own company, but they said they have Metropolitan Lavr’s blessing.  I went with them last year to St. Petersburg and the surrounding area, including Vyritsa, where St. Starets Seraphim Vyritsky (can’t think of his real last name) lived and where his chapel is.  The pilgrimage was wonderful.  I think they said some percentage of the proceeds would go back to the  church, you can look on their web site and check it out.  They are also offering a pilgrimage to Optina and Diveevo, and Ekaterinburg this year (2008), I believe.

            --Dimitra Dwelley