Re: [orthodox-rocor] Two Prophecies

  • Infowolf1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
      In a message dated 7/5/2007 12:41:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, ochichernie2@... writes:
      Two prophecies from Russian Orthodox elders, the Elder Aristocleus and St. Laurence (Lavrentiy) of Chernigov:

      --Dimitra Dwelley

                  Interesting. Especially that first one, that predicts Germany would invade
                  Russia and that many would believe it would save them from communism
                  but it wouldn't and that "it would do many things." Holocaust the bulk of it
                  on Eastern front related soil at that, included I presume, if "many things"
                  incl. much evil.

                  But the introduction, though it makes a good point in saying that there
                  was a confusion between anti soviet and anti Russian, then says that this
                  is a favoring of nationalist and political values over spiritual.

                  But it seems to me, that the panslavism preached apparently and the
                  assumption that Russia as if it were the core and heart and soul of Orthodoxy,
                  is a confusion of spiritual values with nationalist and political values. The list
                  of mortal sins I notice does not include the heresies and immorality and
                  general unbelief that was developing. People who denounce a foreigner's
                  views of Tsarist Russia should read similar denunciations by a hierarch or
                  something similarly important and credible, who complained of people who
                  cross themselves, prostrate, and take communion then go outside the
                  church building and are cusring and murdering each other soon after.

                  A tendency to view the past in a rosy light up to one moment as if nothing
                  went on leading up to it, makes me wonder if the second prophecy was
                  more wishful thinking than prophecy - or perhaps a mix of the two.

                  Beware of panslavism, the union and cooperation of all slavic nations. It is a
                  great deception, that originated outside the Church per se, and in the realm
                  of worldly romantic movements of the 1700 and 1800s especially the latter,
                  when a concept of nation that mixed blood, land and language rather than
                  allegiance to a specific king or government, began to grow. This manifested
                  itself in the Turkish ethnic feeling that ecllipsed whatever limits Islam might
                  have put and caused many atrocities against non Turk populations, usually
                  Christian; in the panslavism; in the pan germanism that resulted in a united
                  Germany under Bismark and went on in WW II to annex the Sudentenland
                  because of German population there; and so on and so forth.

                  Many things can put on an Orthodox veneer. And as someone pointed out,
                  heresies arose more from among the clergy than the laity, though of course
                  the laity followed.

                  Mary Christine Erikson

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Dimitra Dwelley