Re: [orthodox-rocor] kneeling

  • Michael Carney
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 2 7:05 PM
      Dear in Christ Alicia,

      There are hymns sung between the readings at the 12 Gospels service which can help us to meditate on the meaning of the Gospels we have just heard.  They contain some of the most beautiful and powerful liturgical poetry of the Church.

      If those prayers are not sung in a language that is understandable to you, you can find them in the book The Lenten Triodion.   This book contains the main services of Great Lent and Holy Week.  You might be able to find a separate pamphlet as well, such as the one published by the OCA's Department of Religious Education.  The service to look for in this case is the Matins of Holy Friday.

      Fr. Michael Carney
      St. Herman's
      Lake Odessa, MI