Re: I need advice

  • polychrony
    Message 1 of 59 , Mar 31, 2007
      So, the inventory of that Press pass into "non-recommendable" if Fr
      Gregory does not go along with the union.

      Polychronios Moniodis

      --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, Christol Dominica McGinnis
      <cdominica@...> wrote:

      > Father Gregory Williams, a ROCOR priest, provides very nice
      publications. His shipments are timely. If there is a mistake, it is
      corrected immediately. I have visited his parish on several occasions
      (my mother lives in TN). It is a remote location, but worth the
      drive. The parishoners are warm and inviting. When visiting, it is
      obvious that the proceeds of the press are used to help others since
      Father Gregory and his Matushka live very simply. Indeed, they are
      always willing to help others in need. Some of what he does benefits
      the first and only mission parish in Haiti (he's fluent in French). I
      have not read Living Orthodoxy lately, and I do not know of Father's
      position on the re-unification. Right now he is a ROCOR priest in
      good standing. I feel comfortable recommending the press and his
      parish until such time as shown otherwise. -Dominica McGinnis

      > ---------------------------------
      > Bored stiff? Loosen up...

    • Fr. Anthony Nelson
      Message 59 of 59 , Apr 15, 2007
        Athanasios Jayne wrote:

        I would be interested to know your thoughts concerning
        the Cyprianite "Synod in Resistance,"

        snip

        Abp. Mark appears to regard them as being "outside the
        Church,"

        I believe that Abp. Mark's remarks were based on his premise that the Synod in Resistance had only us - ROCOR - as it's link to canonical Orthodoxy. Therefore, he reasoned, having severed that only link, they placed themselves "outside the Church." At least, that's how I heard it.

        I'm not in a position to make a judgement and, frankly, won't. I respect Abp. Mark and at the same time I count Archbishop Chrysostomos among my friends, and there are many who know that. I believe that any statement I make would be seen in that light and therefore I won't comment. Sorry, I know that's not helpful.

        Fr. Anthony

        Protopriest Anthony Nelson
        St. Benedict Russian Orthodox Church
        Oklahoma City, OK USA 405-672-1441