Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: How Serious is This Rift?

  • frvictor@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31 6:41 PM

      I  believe the meeting was actually in Jackson, althought the Lakewood hand was very visible.

      priest Victor Boldewskul
      From: "Al Green" <aggreen1@...>

      > ***Out of curiosity, the rally at Lakewood...would that hve been at
      > Mitered Protopresbyter Valerie Lukianov's cathedral? I would not
      > have thought that Fr. Valerie was antiROC-MP.
      >
      > ***And that you very much for the chuckle. the closing line about
      > the broomstick to hell was a wonderful tongue-in-cheek comment.
      >
      > Al
      >

      > --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1"
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > When my father, who served the Church his whole life and was the
      > > Synod regent for nearly 30 years, needed a priest to drive to his
      > > home (50 miles outside NYC) because he wished to confess and
      > commune,
      > > my grandmother called the DUTIKOW re sidence. MATUSHKA DUTIKOWA
      > kindly
      > > informed my elderly grandmother, whose son was dying a slow and
      > > pretty awful death, that her Batushka was TOO BUSY and TOO TIRED
      > > drive from Flushing, NY, to eastern Long Island. "Find someone
      > else,"
      > > she helpfully advised. Yet, a few days later, O. Vsevelod
      > > participated in a scandalous anti-MP rally in Lakewood, more than
      > > three times farther away.
      > >
      > > It is likely that O. Vsevelod never knew of my grandmother's
      > request,
      > > and, to his credit, he HAD visited my Dad once in a hospital right
      > > there in Queens, in January of 2002. Sadly, he now has health
      > > problems of his own. May God help him.
      > >
      > > But if his Matushka wants to form a schism and go to hell, as far
      > as
      > > I'm concerned, her broomstick can't fly her there fast enough.
      > >
      > > Elizabeth A. Ledkovsky
      > >

      > > --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, Anna Taylor
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Wow. I went to camp with a lot of those folks.
      > > >
      > > > Anna T.

    • Fr. John R. Shaw
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
        --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, frvictor@... wrote:

        > I believe the meeting was actually in Jackson, althought the Lakewood hand was very
        >visible.

        JRS: Remember that this was all a while back. Since then, we have come together much
        more, and the "rift" or "opposition" is steadily weakening.

        In Christ
        Fr. John R. Shaw
      • Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 16, 2006
          ooops Sorry, I don't know how your private e-mail got on this public
          board. Must have been an accident.
          Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko

          --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...>