Re: [orthodox-rocor] Question

  • Vladimir Koltypin
    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 22, 2006
      Why is it that there has to be only one view. Orthodoxy respects all views. Here is the catch. If it is uncanonical it is indeed wrong. Most of us have access to Bibles and since we all happily attend church every Sunday we have access to our dear parish priests who are supposed to be the spiritual centers for each particular area. We live in an age where knowledge is fruitful and prevalent. Before anyone says or writes anything, one should think about how that information will affect or not affect those to whom it will be presented. It is my humble opinion only. As an adult it is difficult task as it is living and interacting with adults with many views and reactions and faiths or no faiths. Adulthood is about maturity and knowing good and evil. Having said that , if we are raised in an Orthodox tradition then, by all means the internal check system of conscience should turn on anytime we do interect in any way with anyone.

      Having said that I must concur with Miss Anna V. Rules were explained upon joining this fine establishment. And we should all be able to follow them to our satisfaction and pleasure.

      By the way, Congrats to all who contribute in advice or knowledge. I am much the wiser due to you all.

      Humbly yours

      Vladimir Koltypin

      Anna Voellmecke <anna@...> wrote:
      At 10:49 AM 7/22/2006, you wrote:
      >***In light of Fr. Michael's message posted July 19 which was aimed
      >mostly at me, would the members of this group prefer that I leave?

      Just behave. You know what behavior is expected on this list. If it
      is too oppressive for you, you can always choose to depart. Why ask
      others? Decide for yourself what is good to do.

      Anna V.

    • Al Green
      Message 2 of 30 , Jul 23, 2006
        ***I appreciate your opinions. You should all know that Fr. John
        moderates me, meaning that he approves what appears. That which he
        feels is "misbehaving" is disallowed, and he most often sends me an
        email explaining why.

        ***That said, since news articles on the "activities" of the Moscow
        Patriarchate, with which ROCOR may soon be in communion, seems to be
        a source of irritation, I'll not post them in the future. I'll lurk
        unless I have a question.

        Al

        --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, Vladimir Koltypin
        <vkolt73@...> wrote:

        > Why is it that there has to be only one view. Orthodoxy respects
        all views. Here is the catch. If it is uncanonical it is indeed
        wrong. Most of us have access to Bibles and since we all happily
        attend church every Sunday we have access to our dear parish priests
        who are supposed to be the spiritual centers for each particular
        area. We live in an age where knowledge is fruitful and prevalent.
        Before anyone says or writes anything, one should think about how
        that information will affect or not affect those to whom it will be
        presented. It is my humble opinion only. As an adult it is difficult
        task as it is living and interacting with adults with many views and
        reactions and faiths or no faiths. Adulthood is about maturity and
        knowing good and evil. Having said that , if we are raised in an
        Orthodox tradition then, by all means the internal check system of
        conscience should turn on anytime we do interect in any way with
        anyone.

        > Having said that I must concur with Miss Anna V. Rules were
        explained upon joining this fine establishment. And we should all be
        able to follow them to our satisfaction and pleasure.

        > By the way, Congrats to all who contribute in advice or
        knowledge. I am much the wiser due to you all.

        > Humbly yours
        >
        > Vladimir Koltypin
        >
        > Anna Voellmecke <anna@...> wrote:
        > At 10:49 AM 7/22/2006, you wrote:
        > >***In light of Fr. Michael's message posted July 19 which was
        aimed
        > >mostly at me, would the members of this group prefer that I leave?
        >
        > Just behave. You know what behavior is expected on this list. If
        it
        > is too oppressive for you, you can always choose to depart. Why
        ask
        > others? Decide for yourself what is good to do.
        >
        > Anna V.
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

      • nectarios@iveron.org
        Message 3 of 30 , Jul 25, 2006
          Al,

          I would like to continue to hear news about World Orthodoxy in relation to
          the Russian Church. The Church is the Body of Christ, It is One, as Christ
          is One. If there is news in my feet, I am sure my finger would want to know
          about it.

          Rdr. Nectarios
          Holy Theotokos of Iveron Russian Orthodox Church of Hawaii

          <vkolt73@...> wrote:

          > Why is it that there has to be only one view. Orthodoxy respects
          all views. Here is the catch. If it is uncanonical it is indeed
          wrong. Most of us have access to Bibles and since we all happily
          attend church every Sunday we have access to our dear parish priests
          who are supposed to be the spiritual centers for each particular
          area. We live in an age where knowledge is fruitful and prevalent.
          Before anyone says or writes anything, one should think about how
          that information will affect or not affect those to whom it will be
          presented. It is my humble opinion only. As an adult it is difficult
          task as it is living and interacting with adults with many views and
          reactions and faiths or no faiths. Adulthood is about maturity and
          knowing good and evil. Having said that , if we are raised in an
          Orthodox tradition then, by all means the internal check system of
          conscience should turn on anytime we do interect in any way with
          anyone.

          > Having said that I must concur with Miss Anna V. Rules were
          explained upon joining this fine establishment. And we should all be
          able to follow them to our satisfaction and pleasure.

          > By the way, Congrats to all who contribute in advice or
          knowledge. I am much the wiser due to you all.

          > Humbly yours
          >
          > Vladimir Koltypin
          >
          > Anna Voellmecke <anna@...> wrote:
          > At 10:49 AM 7/22/2006, you wrote:
          > >***In light of Fr. Michael's message posted July 19 which was
          aimed
          > >mostly at me, would the members of this group prefer that I leave?
          >
          > Just behave. You know what behavior is expected on this list. If
          it
          > is too oppressive for you, you can always choose to depart. Why
          ask
          > others? Decide for yourself what is good to do.
          >
          > Anna V.

          30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

          Posts to this list need to be signed with your full (and real) name.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Al Green
          Message 4 of 30 , Jul 25, 2006
            ***Thank you. Your post brought a smile to my face. And if there is,
            indeed, news in your feet, let your fingers hit the keyboard and
            send it to me! <G>

            Al