Re: [orthodox-rocor] Question

  • Anna Voellmecke
    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 22, 2006
      At 10:49 AM 7/22/2006, you wrote:
      >***In light of Fr. Michael's message posted July 19 which was aimed
      >mostly at me, would the members of this group prefer that I leave?

      Just behave. You know what behavior is expected on this list. If it
      is too oppressive for you, you can always choose to depart. Why ask
      others? Decide for yourself what is good to do.

      Anna V.
    • Vladimir Koltypin
      Message 2 of 30 , Jul 22, 2006
        Why is it that there has to be only one view. Orthodoxy respects all views. Here is the catch. If it is uncanonical it is indeed wrong. Most of us have access to Bibles and since we all happily attend church every Sunday we have access to our dear parish priests who are supposed to be the spiritual centers for each particular area. We live in an age where knowledge is fruitful and prevalent. Before anyone says or writes anything, one should think about how that information will affect or not affect those to whom it will be presented. It is my humble opinion only. As an adult it is difficult task as it is living and interacting with adults with many views and reactions and faiths or no faiths. Adulthood is about maturity and knowing good and evil. Having said that , if we are raised in an Orthodox tradition then, by all means the internal check system of conscience should turn on anytime we do interect in any way with anyone.

        Having said that I must concur with Miss Anna V. Rules were explained upon joining this fine establishment. And we should all be able to follow them to our satisfaction and pleasure.

        By the way, Congrats to all who contribute in advice or knowledge. I am much the wiser due to you all.

        Humbly yours

        Vladimir Koltypin

        Anna Voellmecke <anna@...> wrote:
        At 10:49 AM 7/22/2006, you wrote:
        >***In light of Fr. Michael's message posted July 19 which was aimed
        >mostly at me, would the members of this group prefer that I leave?

        Just behave. You know what behavior is expected on this list. If it
        is too oppressive for you, you can always choose to depart. Why ask
        others? Decide for yourself what is good to do.

        Anna V.

      • Al Green
        Message 3 of 30 , Jul 23, 2006
          ***I appreciate your opinions. You should all know that Fr. John
          moderates me, meaning that he approves what appears. That which he
          feels is "misbehaving" is disallowed, and he most often sends me an
          email explaining why.

          ***That said, since news articles on the "activities" of the Moscow
          Patriarchate, with which ROCOR may soon be in communion, seems to be
          a source of irritation, I'll not post them in the future. I'll lurk
          unless I have a question.

          Al

          --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, Vladimir Koltypin
          <vkolt73@...> wrote:

          > Why is it that there has to be only one view. Orthodoxy respects
          all views. Here is the catch. If it is uncanonical it is indeed
          wrong. Most of us have access to Bibles and since we all happily
          attend church every Sunday we have access to our dear parish priests
          who are supposed to be the spiritual centers for each particular
          area. We live in an age where knowledge is fruitful and prevalent.
          Before anyone says or writes anything, one should think about how
          that information will affect or not affect those to whom it will be
          presented. It is my humble opinion only. As an adult it is difficult
          task as it is living and interacting with adults with many views and
          reactions and faiths or no faiths. Adulthood is about maturity and
          knowing good and evil. Having said that , if we are raised in an
          Orthodox tradition then, by all means the internal check system of
          conscience should turn on anytime we do interect in any way with
          anyone.

          > Having said that I must concur with Miss Anna V. Rules were
          explained upon joining this fine establishment. And we should all be
          able to follow them to our satisfaction and pleasure.

          > By the way, Congrats to all who contribute in advice or
          knowledge. I am much the wiser due to you all.

          > Humbly yours
          >
          > Vladimir Koltypin
          >
          > Anna Voellmecke <anna@...> wrote:
          > At 10:49 AM 7/22/2006, you wrote:
          > >***In light of Fr. Michael's message posted July 19 which was
          aimed
          > >mostly at me, would the members of this group prefer that I leave?
          >
          > Just behave. You know what behavior is expected on this list. If
          it
          > is too oppressive for you, you can always choose to depart. Why
          ask
          > others? Decide for yourself what is good to do.
          >
          > Anna V.
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

        • nectarios@iveron.org
          Message 4 of 30 , Jul 25, 2006
            Al,

            I would like to continue to hear news about World Orthodoxy in relation to
            the Russian Church. The Church is the Body of Christ, It is One, as Christ
            is One. If there is news in my feet, I am sure my finger would want to know
            about it.

            Rdr. Nectarios
            Holy Theotokos of Iveron Russian Orthodox Church of Hawaii

            <vkolt73@...> wrote:

            > Why is it that there has to be only one view. Orthodoxy respects
            all views. Here is the catch. If it is uncanonical it is indeed
            wrong. Most of us have access to Bibles and since we all happily
            attend church every Sunday we have access to our dear parish priests
            who are supposed to be the spiritual centers for each particular
            area. We live in an age where knowledge is fruitful and prevalent.
            Before anyone says or writes anything, one should think about how
            that information will affect or not affect those to whom it will be
            presented. It is my humble opinion only. As an adult it is difficult
            task as it is living and interacting with adults with many views and
            reactions and faiths or no faiths. Adulthood is about maturity and
            knowing good and evil. Having said that , if we are raised in an
            Orthodox tradition then, by all means the internal check system of
            conscience should turn on anytime we do interect in any way with
            anyone.

            > Having said that I must concur with Miss Anna V. Rules were
            explained upon joining this fine establishment. And we should all be
            able to follow them to our satisfaction and pleasure.

            > By the way, Congrats to all who contribute in advice or
            knowledge. I am much the wiser due to you all.

            > Humbly yours
            >
            > Vladimir Koltypin
            >
            > Anna Voellmecke <anna@...> wrote:
            > At 10:49 AM 7/22/2006, you wrote:
            > >***In light of Fr. Michael's message posted July 19 which was
            aimed
            > >mostly at me, would the members of this group prefer that I leave?
            >
            > Just behave. You know what behavior is expected on this list. If
            it
            > is too oppressive for you, you can always choose to depart. Why
            ask
            > others? Decide for yourself what is good to do.
            >
            > Anna V.

            30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

            Posts to this list need to be signed with your full (and real) name.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Al Green
            Message 5 of 30 , Jul 25, 2006
              ***Thank you. Your post brought a smile to my face. And if there is,
              indeed, news in your feet, let your fingers hit the keyboard and
              send it to me! <G>

              Al