Re: Statements on the EP's web site (Was: On the canonical situation...)

  • aggreen1
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 6, 2006
      --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, Anna Voellmecke <anna@...>
      wrote:

      > At 09:02 PM 6/5/2006, you wrote:
      >
      > >***Absolutely true. And the ROC-MP accepted my Methodist Baptism
      > >when I converted and was Chrismated.
      >
      > "Accepted" is a misnomer. I'm sure Al understands that.
      >
      > If the Church decides to exercise economia and not require an
      > Orthodox baptism rite, that doesn't mean the non-Orthodox rite was
      > efficacious. Instead, the Church can fill the void and empty
      > rite with the grace that was missing.
      >
      > Hardly what "accepted" implies.
      >
      > Anna V.

      ***Just to clarify, Anna, one of the definitions of the
      word "accepted" is: "To admit to a group, an organization, or a
      place." Another is "to receive officially." This is the context in
      which I used the word. I'll try to be clearer next time.

      Al, retired writer, journalist, broadcaster, technical writer