ROCOR Diaspora Council

  • olympiada2006
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2006
      Sorry about the old email address, if it offended some.

      Some of you do not know that the Mission Church of the Synaxis of the
      Holy Theotokos uses ROCOR service books. That is what is familiar to
      me, prayer books, horologions, menaions. Please stop gossiping me on
      the internet, and you know who you are. It is most unbecoming. There
      is no destruction in me. It is in your imagination. Please stop lying
      about me on the internet. Thank you.

      Is anyone in this group going to the ROCOR Diaspora Council in San
      Francisco next week? If so, can you share the significance of this
      with us?

      If there are any formal prayers of intercession for those who are
      involved, please send them along. Some is relying on me for prayers in
      this council.

      Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!

      Olympiada
    • Protopriest David Moser
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2006
        --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "olympiada2006"
        <olympiada06@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone in this group going to the ROCOR Diaspora Council in San
        > Francisco next week? If so, can you share the significance of this
        > with us?

        I would strongly suggest that you read the documents at:
        http://www.sobor2006.com/ivall-diasporaco.php
        and
        www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/synod/eng2006/4enaninfosoborpdf.html

        That should answer all your questions and more

        > If there are any formal prayers of intercession for those who are
        > involved, please send them along. Some is relying on me for prayers in
        > this council.

        The prayers which should have been read at every liturgy in every
        ROCOR parish since Dec 2005 are the ones you should use - they are at:
        http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/synod/engdocuments/enuk_declitany2005.html

        V. Rev. David Moser
        Boise, ID
        email: moserd@...
      • mik opar
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2006
          Pray that our Priests and Heirarchs make the
          right decisions about the negotiations with the
          MP. We do not want to be swallowed up by the
          Segianist Muscovites, or strong arm tactics that
          will force innovations onto our people or
          parishes. May God have mercy on us all. Mike Ross

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • larry most
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2006
            CHRIST IS RISEN INDEED HE IS RISEN
            Dear Mik,
            What kind of innovations did you have in mind. You guys make it sound like Baptists and High Anglicans are reuniting.
            Love in Christ,
            Sub-deacon Lawrence Most

            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2006
              --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, mik opar <mikross53@...> wrote:

              > Pray that our Priests and Heirarchs make the
              > right decisions about the negotiations with the
              > MP.

              certainly the prayers of all Orthodox Christians are desired greatly
              in support of this effort

              > We do not want to be swallowed up by the
              > Segianist Muscovites, or strong arm tactics that
              > will force innovations onto our people or
              > parishes.

              Nor do we wish to succumb to unrealistic fears and prejudices rooted
              in the distant past or to the strong arm tactics of those who would
              push us into isolationism.

              > May God have mercy on us all.

              Amen

              V. Rev. David Moser