Decani Monastery Water Rights Threatened, Bridge Leading To The Monastery Being Daily Destroyed. And Devic Convent Monastery in Metohija Nuns Now Threatened To Leave Covent, Nuns Refuse!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2001
      Decani Monastery and Devic Convent Threatened

      From: The Decani Monastery Relief Fund

      Rev. Presbtyer Demetrios Serfes, President
      Very Rev. Archimandrite Theodosius, & Hieromonk Sava,
      Vice Presidents
      Veljko Sikirica, Secretary-Treasuer

      Beloved Friends In Christ Our Lord,
      God Bless you, and may St. Sava pray for you always!
      Peace and good will among all men!

      This is urgent to tell you that at this hour the
      Decani Monastery in Kosovo water rights are at risk,
      and the bridge leading to this Sacred and Holy
      Monastery is being torn down, hour by hour as more
      bricks are being destroyed which actually supports the
      bridge. The Peace Keeping Forces in this region had
      protected the Decani Monastery and it's property, as
      well as water rights, including the bridge indicated,
      but as of late neglectful! Day by day the Peace
      keeping forces within the Decani Monastery region are
      becoming less! The fear is at this hour that if the
      brige goes, what shall be next? If the Decani
      Monastery has no water rights, what shall be next the
      Monastery itself?

      The Holy Convent Monastery named Devic (also spelled
      Devich) within the region of Metohija is also now
      being harrassed by non-Serbian citizens,as well as the
      Peace Keeping Forces in this region, however the Nuns
      who have remained in this holy convent have been asked
      to leave the monastery, and which they have at this
      hour refused! In the past this holy convent was
      descrated by non-Serbian citizens, however the loving
      nuns have remained within the torn down walls even
      afterwards, and refused to leave this holy convent.
      Let us please appeal that the bridg leading to the
      Decani Monastery be repaired now, and that the bridge
      should be guarded with the proper Keeping Peace Froces
      within this region, as the Italian Peace Keeping
      forces are currently in this region of Decani.

      Secondly, let us seek to tell the free world that the
      nuns at the Devic Monastery in Metohija be protected
      from any outside forces, the same nuns who have
      themselves reached out to help the much needs and
      sufferings of all citizens within their
      region.Religious protection should at this hour not be
      neglected, or overlooked as a matter that just because
      they are Serbian Orthodox Christians they are to be
      harrassed, or threatened.

      Thanks be to Our Lord God, His Holiness Patriarch
      Pavel is in America offering prayers, and while he has
      been in America, he has well expressed the great need
      for further prayer, and awareness of the grevious
      difficulty that the Serbian Orthodox Faithful are
      enduring at this hour, as well as the fact that all
      citizens should and could live in peace, as well as
      provide good will among all men! His Holiness
      Patriarch Pavel is calling further attention of the
      destroyed and descrated 106 Serbian Orthodox Churches!
      Sadly the Press and media is so much unaware of the
      number of these same destroyed and descrated Serbian
      Orthodox Churches, and monasteries, they have only
      indicated more then 90, as this figure at this hour is
      incorrect, it's more then "106" to be exact!

      Nothing is so important for all free people to be
      aware that peace and good will among all men is done
      with love, as well as our sincere concern for all
      citizens to be free, and to live as brothers, as well
      as share in the good will of all people within the
      regions of Kosovo and Metohija.What has the Decani
      Monastery done to deserve the constant battles of
      daily threats, if it's not their farm land, their
      forrest, now the bridge and water rights? Let this
      Holy and Sacred Decani Monastery live in prayer, and
      in providing help to all it's surrounding citizens who
      at this hour need our great help and assistance no
      matter what religion or ethnic background. An
      abundance of assistance for food, shelter, fire wood,
      and medical help has been offered by the Decani
      Monastery on a constant basis, and continues these
      efforts not only within the region of Decani, but also
      throughout all of Kosovo and Metohija!

      The Decani Monastery Relief Fund continues in this
      support, and ask all God loving people to please help
      with this fund, please also keep in mind once the
      Fathers of the Decani Monastery get these funds within
      that second hour the funds are no more, as so many
      people and citizens throughout these regions need
      help!

      It will not take four years to solve these many
      problems still existing within these regions, it make
      take more then ten years!

      Please note more information about the Decani
      Monastery Relief Fund, and help with your loving
      donation we humbly pray you shall open up your hearts:

      Thank you and may Our Gracious Lord God Bless you
      today and always! Pray for Kosovo and Metohija, and
      pray for all who continue to suffer and struggle, we
      humbly thank you with all our mind, hearts, and souls!
      Peace and good will among all men, begins with love,
      as well as concern for others.

      God Love And Bless You!
      And through the prayers of St. Sava,
      Your Ever-Memorable Brothers In Christ Our Lord,
      +Rev. Presbyter Demetrios Serfes,
      +Very Rev. Archimandrite Theodosius,
      +Hieromonk Sava,
      & Veljko Sikirica
      Who Prays For You And With You!

      http://www.fr-d-serfes.org/missionary/march-may2001report.htm

      =====

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Margaret Lark
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2001
        Forwarded to President Bush, 7/31/01.

        From: "Fr. John Whiteford" <frjohnwhiteford@...>
        Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 04:05:55 -0700 (PDT)

> [...]
        >Monastery Relief Fund, and help with your loving
        >donation we humbly pray you shall open up your hearts:
        >

        >Thank you and may Our Gracious Lord God Bless you
        >today and always! Pray for Kosovo and Metohija, and
        >pray for all who continue to suffer and struggle, we
        >humbly thank you with all our mind, hearts, and souls!
        >Peace and good will among all men, begins with love,
        >as well as concern for others.
        >

        >God Love And Bless You!
        >And through the prayers of St. Sava,
        >Your Ever-Memorable Brothers In Christ Our Lord,
        >+Rev. Presbyter Demetrios Serfes,
        >+Very Rev. Archimandrite Theodosius,
        >+Hieromonk Sava,
        >& Veljko Sikirica
        >Who Prays For You And With You!
        >
        >http://www.fr-d-serfes.org/missionary/march-may2001report.htm
        >

        >=====

        >Posts to this list need to be signed with your full (and real) name.

        Margaret the sinner

        Glory be to God in all things!