Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: Kneeling On Sundays

  • mik opar
    Message 1 of 111 , Jan 23, 2006
      I went to both a Byz Catholic and an Orthodox
      church on Sunday, and both had kneelers. About 18
      people in the Byz Cath stayed standing, and
      amazingly about 25+ in the OCA did not yield and
      stayed standing. I thought this was a paradox,
      since the Orthodox have NO excuse for even having
      the ____ kneelers in theirs in the first place,
      whereas the Byz Rite one, has at least the
      Latinization of their (previously...) Orthodox
      practice to blame and the pressure of State in
      the Old Countries from which they came. Just an
      observation here, mik

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • aggreen1
      Message 111 of 111 , Feb 18, 2006
        ***Is there any animal that is forbidden, formally and officially,
        to be depicted in iconography? There are many animals
        depicted...cows, sheep, donkeys (or asses), horses... Why not
        rabbits?

        Al

        --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "frraphver" <frraphver@...>