Marriage: All in favor say AYE

  • DDD
    Message 1 of 85 , Nov 30, 2005

      1) God created Man good.  Christian marriage on this earth that is blessed by the Church is good.  **No one is denigrating marriage!**    However, God Himself said in Heaven we will be higher, like the angels.  I've never heard of Mrs. Gabriel or Mrs. Michael or Mrs. Raphael, have you?

      2) If marriage is eternal, and our union with the Lord will  not take precedence over union with a mere human being, explain how the very groom whose wedding the Lord blessed at Cana, upon seeing the miracle of the water turned into wine, left his wife and followed the Lord?

      "Simon was born in Cana of Galilee and was one of the Twelve Great Apostles. He was the groom at the wedding feast where Christ changed the water into wine (John 2:1-11). Because of that miracle, St. Simon left his home, parents and bride to follow Christ. After Pentecost, he preached the Gospel in Mauritania in Africa.

      After converting many to the Christian faith, St. Simon was tortured and crucified by the pagans.

      [edit]Source

      St. Nikolai Velimirovic, The Prologue of Ohrid

      Retrieved from "http://www.orthodoxwiki.org/Apostle_Simon"

      2) Even if you believe marriage to be eternal, can the topic  PLEASE NOT BE ETERNAL ON THIS LIST?  (Caps for myopic emphasis).  We have certainly heard enough from the Holy Fathers' writings so now it's just redundancy.  All in favor of ending the discussion put  AYE in the subject line!

      --Dimitra

      As for me, what God has created Good I will in no wise call evil nor
      demnigrate through asserting that what God created to be etrenal
      will pass away.

      In Christ,
      Rd. David-Constantine

      | Reader David-Constantine Wright constantinewright@... |
      |     Personal Website: http://constans_wright.tripod.com     |
      |     "God became Human so that humans could become gods."    |
      |        St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation*       |

    • aggreen1
      Message 85 of 85 , Dec 6, 2005
        ***Great quote. Who wrote it?

        Al