Re: [orthodox-rocor] Rocor diocese in South america sends letter to vladyka Metropolitan Lavrus

  • Roberto León Ramírez
    Message 1 of 70 , Nov 4, 2005
      Dear Dimitra:

      With emotion and love in Christ I'm grateful for your words, and for the opinions of all yours.

      Orthodoxy in Latin America is suffering, but we knows that our Lord protect His Church.  Also we knows that our Vladika Alexander will pray to God for his flock.

      With Love in Christ

      Roberto León R.
      Santiago de Chile

      2005/11/4, DDD <dimitradd@...>:
      Dear Roberto,

            Wishing God will bless you and your loyal community!  Will pray for you.

      --Dimitra

      Dear Brothers and Sisters:

      My name is Roberto León, I'm Orthodox, chilean, and since a time ago, with the blessing of Vladika Alexander, we started the work of a chilean-russian community, under his Omophorion.

      Our situation in Chile is difficult, because in the old parish of the russian community is conmemorate the late metropolitan Vitaly.  The situation in worse for us with the Dormition Convent, who claim obedience to Nikita Orlov.

      Our community is still small, but we want help to build a Russian-Chilean community, under the Omophorion of the legitime succesor of Vladika Alexander, appointed by the Bishop's Synod chaired by Metropolitan Laurus.  We are in disagree with the lettter sent to the Synod, but we need support.  When Vladika was alive, we feelt his paternal love and support; now we need express our voice.

      Please, pray for us, sinners.

      Roberto León R.
      Santiago de Chile

      PD: Please, if someone wants to wrute me privately, there are no problem. Thamks you

      2005/11/4, Gilbert Gamboa < text164@...>:

      "The real reason for all this "concern" and lack of trust in our own hierarchy by some in South
      America, has been the systematic disinformation published by the newspaper "Nasha Strana",
      which claims that "nothing has changed in Russia"."
       but Shouldnt someone be out there talking to these people, there not just "people" they are sheep that have been entrusted to the Priests and Bishops of ROCOR, if in fact they have been misguided with confusion by a measling newspaper,than its obvious someone isnt doint there service in the church..I know Vladyka Alexander of blessed memory had been Ill for a while and now they are without a Bishop, but Im assuming these people of the South should atleast have an Auxilary Bishop to shephard them thru these hard times.......I have a sad feeling these people will be abandoned and I think they feel the same............................

      "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...> wrote:Regarding:

      > We are definitely against the fact that negotiations are being carried out by a committee
      >without a proper mandate from an Ecumenical Council (Vsezarubezhny Sobor) which should
      >have been convened prior to starting negotiations.

      JRS: A "Vsezarubezhny Sobor" is no "Ecumenical Council".

      An Ecumenical Council has not been held since the 7th Council, in 787 AD, or just over 200
      years before the Baptism of Russia. So there was never an Ecumenical Council during the
      history of the Russian Church.

      An "All-Emigre" council is not a council of Bishops, but only a general meeting of clergy and
      laity. It is the Bishops who make the final decisions in any case.

      Furthermore, there was no such "Vsezarubezhny Sobor" that decided to separate ROCOR
      from the Moscow Patriarchate.

      There had also been discussions between lower-level clergy of ROCOR and the Patriarchate
      in the 1990's, which evoked no such "concerned response".

      The real reason for all this "concern" and lack of trust in our own hierarchy by some in South
      America, has been the systematic disinformation published by the newspaper "Nasha Strana",
      which claims that "nothing has changed in Russia".

      > Why is it that negotiations and the resolution of such a core issue for RPTZ's future - the
      >union with MP - is a prerogative of the Church hierarchy? This is something that ought to
      >be decided only by the highest authority: the Ecumenical Council (Vsezarubezhny Sobor).
      >The resolutions adopted by the last Council of the Russian Orthodox Church in 1917-1918
      >were never abrogated. One of these resolutions reads as follows: «In the Russian Orthodox
      >Church the top authority: legislative, administrative, judicial and monitoring lies with the
      >Council of the Russian Church (Pomestny Sobor)».

      JRS: A "Pomestny Sobor" is a Sobor (or Council) of Bishops of a given Local Church (the
      Church of Russia, the Church of Serbia, of Bulgaria, Cyprus &c.). A "Vsezarubezhny Sobor" is
      not a Council of Bishops.

      In Christ
      Fr. John R. Shaw

      Posts to this list need to be signed with your full (and real) name.

      Posts to this list need to be signed with your full (and real) name.

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      --
      Roberto León Ramírez
    • G3
      Message 70 of 70 , Nov 21, 2005
        I wasn't meaning anything like sola scriptura, only that there is one
        line in scripture often used to rule out eternal marriage, that I'd
        prefer to find either an alternative interpretation/translation of,
        and/or something strongly on way or the other among the Early Fathers.

        George (Edward Green III, Upstate NY)