Clergy serving in new and old calendar parishes

  • morechof
    Message 1 of 70 , Oct 23, 2005
      In jurisdictions which have new and old calendar parishes, is there
      any issue for clergy to serve under both calendars. For example, is it
      possible to serve Christmas on Dec 25 and again on Jan 7? It seems
      like this would not be an issue.

      How does it work with fasting? Clergy follow the calendar of the
      parish they serve in of course. What happens if the "old calendar"
      clergy needs to serve in a new calendar parish an the "new calendar"
      fast has already begun?

      Mike Orechoff
      California
    • G3
      Message 70 of 70 , Nov 21, 2005
        I wasn't meaning anything like sola scriptura, only that there is one
        line in scripture often used to rule out eternal marriage, that I'd
        prefer to find either an alternative interpretation/translation of,
        and/or something strongly on way or the other among the Early Fathers.

        George (Edward Green III, Upstate NY)