Re: [orthodox-rocor] Another Tragic Church Fire

  • Romano Byzantine
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2005
      We have heard from a priest in Illinois who states that Greek policy is
      that only a Bishop may bless subdeacons. This being considered a minor
      order, as is acolyte and reader which can be administered by a priest,
      would seem that it should also be exempt from the sole administration by
      a Bishop. Please feel free to comment on this issue.

      Father Timothy
    • Anna Voellmecke
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 25, 2005
        At 07:48 AM 6/24/2005, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        > I am new to the list.
        >
        > I am wondering what differences there are between the ROCOR wedding
        > liturgy and the OCA wedding liturgy

        "Wedding liturgy" -- this term is confusing because "liturgy" normally
        means the Divine Liturgy. But the wedding services should be identical in
        both OCA and ROCOR parishes.

        Anna V.