RE: [orthodox-rocor] My Life in Christ Now Online

  • David Sanders
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005

      Wow! You mean the Calvinists posted works by St. John of Kronstadt?

      David Sanders

      "The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."-  St. John 1:5

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2005
        ***I thought the CCEL web site was hosted by a Wesleyan (Methodist)
        university.

        Al

        --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "David Sanders"
        <davidsanders@t...> wrote:
        > Wow! You mean the Calvinists posted works by St. John of Kronstadt?
        >

        > David Sanders
        >

        > "The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not
        overcome it."-
        > St. John 1:5
        >

        > _____

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299a50ob/M=332618.5923858.6999527.215221
        1/D=gr

        oups/S=1705074598:HM/EXP=1112417556/A=2535374/R=0/SIG=142trf8s4/*http:
        /child
        > ren.780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?
        _function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=8

        oups/S=1705074598:HM/EXP=1112417556/A=2535374/R=1/SIG=142trf8s4/*http:

        oups/S=1705074598:HM/EXP=1112417556/A=2535374/R=2/SIG=1424c63em/*http:

        oups/S=1705074598:HM/EXP=1112417556/A=2535374/R=3/SIG=1424c63em/*http:
        /child
        > ren.780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?
        _function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=8
        > 71&s=m&hostName=Children%20International> Learn More
        >

        > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
        M=332618.5923858.6999527.2152211/D=groups/S=
        > :HM/A=2535374/rand=515783651>
        >

        > _____
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        subject=Unsubscribe>

      • David Sanders
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2005

          Al,

          You may be right. If it is Wheaton College , then it is Wesleyan. Someone told me it was some Calvinist college in Michigan.

          <davidsanders@t...> wrote:
          > Wow! You mean the Calvinists posted works by St. John of Kronstadt?
          >

          > David Sanders
          >

          > "The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not
          overcome it."-
          > St. John 1:5
          >

          >   _____

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!

          Posts to this list need to be signed with your full (and real) name.

        • Julio Vázquez
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2005
            David Sanders wrote:

            :You may be right. If it is Wheaton College,
            :then it is Wesleyan. Someone told me it was
            :some Calvinist college in Michigan.

            CCEL is hosted by Calvin College in Grand Rapids, MI, a college of the
            Christian Reformed Church in North America (Dutch Reformed). In fact,
            CCEL stands for "Calvin College Ethereal Library".

            Wheaton College is not an historically Wesleyan school, but rather, an
            interdenominational Evangelical college, whose published scholars have
            usually been Calvinists.

            Julio Vázquez
            San Juan, Puerto Rico
          • Hristofor
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2005
              At the bottom of the website is a link to Calvin College, which is in
              Grand Rapids.

              Hristofor

              >Message: 2
              > Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:48:04 -0400
              > From: "David Sanders" <davidsanders@...>
              >Subject: RE: Re: My Life in Christ Now Online
              >
              >Al,
              >

              >You may be right. If it is Wheaton College, then it is Wesleyan. Someone
              >told me it was some Calvinist college in Michigan.
              >

              >David Sanders
              >

              >"The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."-
              >St. John 1:5

            • Michael Carney
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4, 2005
                Dear David,

                The "Christian Classics Ethereal LIbrary" website directs contributors to an address at Calvin College in Grand Rapids.

                John Calvin might be rolling in his grave, but we at St. Herman's are waiting with our doors open...

                A good Lent to you!

                Fr. Michael Carney
                St. Herman Orthodox Community
                Grand Rapids, MI

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2005

                  Fr. Michael,

                  Father Bless!

                  May God Bless St. Herman’s!

                  And a fruitful Lent to you! Pray for me!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2005

                    Muchismas gracias a mi hermano en la isla del encanto!

                    David Sanders

                    Miami, FL