Re: Fascinating Story: Last Days of the Georgian Dukhobors

  • aggreen1
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 6, 2004
      --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, Nicholas Trahan <ntrahan@s...>
      wrote:

      > The Canons of the Council of Laodicea forbid Orthodox to pray with
      > non-Orthodox. Because these people are OUTSIDE of the True Church
      they
      > ARENOT CHRISTIAN.

      ***Didn't this council deal with praying with those Orthodox who left
      the Church and were considered heretics?

      ***Where exactly, as a communicant of ROCOR, did you learn this
      abberation?

      Al
    • Nicholas Trahan
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 16, 2004
        That is an exampleof the abuse of economia but yes, that person would be a
        Christian SOLELY on the merit of the Chrismation.

        Do you consider John Spong a Christian? He thinks he is. Do you want a list?
        How about Barbara Harris? Is she a Christian. She thinks she's a bishop. Or
        Gene Robinson?

        These people are not followers of Christ. In Spong's case he has publicly
        stated he does not believe in the Virgin Birth.

        The Ecumenical Councils defined for us who and what Christ is. Those OUTSIDE
        Orthodoxy do not follow these teaching and THEREFORE can not be Christian

        Nicholas Trahan