Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: Fascinating Story: Last Days of the Georgian Dukhobors

  • Nicholas Trahan
    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 30, 2004
      Orthodox Jews are not part of the discussion.

      Nicholas

      > From: phillip nina <philivanoff@...>
      > Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:52:41 -0700 (PDT)
      > To: orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: Fascinating Story: Last Days of the Georgian
      > Dukhobors
      >
      > How about orthodox jews?
      >
      > --- Nicholas Trahan <ntrahan@...> wrote:
      >
      >> And "Orthodox Christian" is redundant. Are there any
      >> other kind?
      >>
      >> Nicholas Trahan
      >>
      >>> From: "Athanasios Jayne" <athanasiosj@...>
      >>> Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:30:03 -0000
      >>> To: orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com
      >>> Subject: [orthodox-rocor] Re: Fascinating Story:
      >> Last Days of the Georgian
      >>> Dukhobors

      >> wrestlers") are ethnic
      >> Orthodox sect expelled
      >>>
      >>> "Christian Orthodox sect" is a contradiction in
      >> terms.
      >>>
      >>> Athanasios.
      >>>

      >>> Posts to this list need to be signed with your
      >> full (and real) name.
      >>>
      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      >

      > Posts to this list need to be signed with your full (and real) name.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Nicholas Trahan
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 16, 2004
        That is an exampleof the abuse of economia but yes, that person would be a
        Christian SOLELY on the merit of the Chrismation.

        Do you consider John Spong a Christian? He thinks he is. Do you want a list?
        How about Barbara Harris? Is she a Christian. She thinks she's a bishop. Or
        Gene Robinson?

        These people are not followers of Christ. In Spong's case he has publicly
        stated he does not believe in the Virgin Birth.

        The Ecumenical Councils defined for us who and what Christ is. Those OUTSIDE
        Orthodoxy do not follow these teaching and THEREFORE can not be Christian

        Nicholas Trahan