Commission

  • DDD
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004
      Somebody was asking just where and when any "commission" had been set up already for discussion of rapprochement. I found this in the October Epistle of the Sobor, 2000:

           < Taking into consideration all the above, the Hierarchal Council of the
           < Russian Church Abroad establishes a constantly active commission at the
           < Synod for questions concerning unification of the Russian Church.

      Does anyone know if
      a) this commission is the same one that will also meet jointly, or whether it is different?
      b) Whether our "separate" commission has been appointed yet?

      If it is the same commission as appointed in 2000, no one should be surprised if it has already met. If it's not the same, does anyone know if it has met yet?

      --DD
    • DDD