Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: Russian Community Celebrates Jesus' Birth Twice

  • Gerald Herrin
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 29 5:00 PM
      The New Calendar was adopted in 1752. September 2, 1752 was followed by
      September 14th, 1752. George Washington was born Feb 11th 1731 (OS)
      but celebrated (or at least it used to be so celebrated in the United
      States) on Feb 22nd. 1752 omitted eleven days. Scotland had adopted the
      New Calendar earlier, 150 years before England did.

      Isaac (Gerald) Herrin

      On Sunday, February 29, 2004, at 06:33 PM, Gerald Herrin wrote:

      > I cannot recall the exact date, but it happened before the American
      > Revolution. Washington was born under Old style, died under New Style.
    • StephenATL/????????
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 29 9:19 PM
        yes, just a few years before 1776.

        S.