Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: Greetings

  • Romano Byzantine
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 11, 2003
      You may find out more about us from our website at http://rbsocc.org

      God bless you.

      Father Timothy
    • Nicholas Richard
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 11, 2003
        Dear all in Christ,

        If it would not be too much trouble please pray for my father Simeon. He had heart sergery in March and is in the hospital again. His lungs filled up with water and they called 911 and saved his life. It is related to the heart being too week to sufficiently pump out water or something. Please pray for him if you have time. And priests please rememer him in your litergies. Thank you.

        In Christ,

        Nicholas

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 12, 2003
          Has your group spoken to any legitimate Orthodox bishops about
          joining them?

          --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, Romano Byzantine <rbsocc@j...>
          wrote:
          > Our prayer is for unity among all true Orthodox Christians
          throughout the
          > world and the hierarchs who lead them. We are open to kind dialogue
          in
          > Christ God.
          >
          > Father Timothy (Kjera)
          > Syro-Russian Orthodox Catholic Church
          > rbsocc@j...
        • Romano Byzantine
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 12, 2003
            Dear Father

            We have contacted several overseas but have heard nothing. We are in
            communication with Metropolitan Ephraim in Boston, and with Archbishop
            Timotheos of Athens of the Old Calendar Greek Orthodox Church. We also
            have written to Archbishop Laurus and are ready to do same to Archbishop
            Christodoulos of Greece. In our hearts we believe we are sincerely
            Orthodox but seek canonicity under a true shepherd. We have suffered as a
            jurisdiction over the years but have now found peace in Christ God. We
            have made many changes as well for the good thanks to the guidance of
            Metropolitan Ehphraim.

            Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Please give us names and
            addresses of those you feel our Archbishop should be in touch with.

            Blessings upon you, Father.

            Father Timothy
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 12, 2003
              Of the groups you mentioned, only the ROCA is a
              legitimate jurisdiction. Metropolitan Ephraim heads a
              schismatic organization which claims to be the True
              Orthodox Church of Greece, and yet has nothing in
              Greece to speak of.

              -Fr. John Whiteford

              =====
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 12, 2003
                Correction: Of course Archbishop Christodoulos of the
                State Church of Greece also represents a legitimate
                jurisdiction.

                --- "Fr. John Whiteford" <frjohnwhiteford@...>

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 12, 2003
                  Father,

                  Then to whom can we write here in the United States?

                  Please advise.

                  Father Timothy
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 13, 2003
                    I would recommend you pursue your contacts with
                    Metropolitan Laurus and/or the local ROCOR bishop of
                    whatever diocese you are in.

                    -Fr. John

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 13, 2003
                      Please send the direct email address to Metropolitan Laurus as we have
                      sent him messages but no response as yet. Do you know who the ROCOR
                      bishop is for Minnesota? Please respond.

                      In Christ God's love,

                      Father Timothy
                    • Calvino D'Este
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 6, 2010
                        Greetings everyone,

                        Peace be with you.

                        Thank you for allowing me to join in this discussion group. My name is Calvin D'Este, and I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I and my wife Deborah are Roman Catholic, but we have been visiting Holy Apostles Othodox Church in Bixby, Oklahma which has mission status in the OCA. The parish and its membership are very small, but very delightful and pious.

                        I actually grew up in the Episcopal Church and was recieved into the Roman Catholice Church while my wife is what they call a 'cradle' Catholic. I wish to connect with you in the hope of learning more about the Russian Orthodox.

                        Peace be with you all,
                        Calvin D'Este

                      • Seraphim Larsen

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 6, 2010
                            Welcome, Calvin,
                            May your journey into the beauty that is Orthodoxy, be fruitful, and blessed by our Merciful Saviour.
                            Abbot Tryphon

                            --
                            Very Rev. Abbot Tryphon
                            All-Merciful Saviour Monastery
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 7, 2010
                              Welcome Calvin! My family and I worship at St Benedict Russian Orthodox in Oklahoma City, but my extended family are Tulsans and non-Orthodox (to this point!). I wanted to mention that we have visited Holy Apostles and greatly benefited from the time there. I had a health episode last summer and was hospitalized overnight in Tulsa. My son called Fr Ambrose and he kindly drove into the city to pray the prayers of holy unction for me. It was a blessed ministry!

                              Let me also encourage you to be careful as you peruse the remarks and comments on this list. Some are enlightening and beneficial; others are rather polemical and heated. For someone just investigating Orthodoxy, it's possible you may be misled or even discouraged. Remember, nothing substitutes for immersing yourself in the real thing -- the Orthodox services!

                              God bless you as you seek the Pearl of Great Price!

                              Stephen Taylor
                              Oklahoma City

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 8, 2010
                                Dear Calvin,

                                I would like to recommend the group orthodox-convert@yahoogroups.com as the best place to have your questions about Orlthodoxy answered.  Although I like this list, and am myself a convert from Roman Catholicism, I've been Orthodox now for nearly 20 years, and I'm not sure I would have become Orthodox if I'd seen some of the stuff on this list.

                                Check out the Convert list -- LOTS of good material there!

                                In Christ,
                                Meg Lark