Re: [orthodox-rocor] Fw: The First Hierarch is Hospitalized

  • volotsky@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
      May God the Divine Physician heal and raise him. Those in So. California
      might be able to go to Holy Transfiguration on Fountain St. in Los Angeles
      and light a Candle and pray for the Metropolitan before the Kursk Icon.

      There will be daily services through Sunday:

      12/5 Thursday Moleben before the Icon at 6 pm followed by vigil for the
      feast of St. Alexander Nevsky.

      12/6 Friday Liturgy at 8:30 am followed by a moleben before the icon

      12/7 Saturday at 9:00 am, Moleben and Liturgy

      12/7 Saturday at 6:00 pm followed by Vigil

      12/8 Sunday 9:30 am Liturgy and Moleben

      12/8 Sunday 7:00 pm "Farewell" Moleben with the Akathist to the Theorokos
      before the Icon, after which the Icon will return to New York.
    • Fr. John R. Shaw
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
        > From: Fr. John R. Shaw <vrevjrs@...>
        > Date: Thursday, December 05, 2002 11:33 AM
        >
        > |On 3 December, the First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church
        Outside
        > |of Russia, His Eminence Metropolitan Laurus, was hospitalized.

        Margaret Lark wrote: Oh, NO. Is there any place we can send wishes and
        assurances of prayers?

        You can send them to:

        Holy Trinity Monastery
        Jordanville, NY 13361