Things to eat?

  • Théophile MALU
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2002
      Dearest All,

      I would like to know whether tere is a category of
      things forbidden to eat in our church.For instance, I
      was told in the pastthat meat from snake are not
      allowed.Is that right?

      Theophile Malu

    • stefanvpavlenko
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
        ACTS Ch. 15
        20: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of
        idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from
        blood.

        pollutions of idols- food dedicated to the idols

        Apostle Paul tells us that everything is allowed to Christians, but
        not everything is beneficial.

        Also the Holy Sign of the Cross and the blessing of any food with
        this Holy Sign over powers any demonic actions.

        Christians do not eat things dedicated to idols, strangled animals
        and do not drink blood.

        Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko