Do you see what I see?

  • ambrois@xtra.co.nz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2013

      From the Church of the Dormtion in Moscow...  not the Dormition cathedral in the Kremlin but Archangelskoye Tyurikovo (north Moscow).

                                                                                                      Saint Seraphim of Platina

      .

    • Jesse Dominick
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2013
        and Br. Jose! nice photograph -- must have been some expert who took that!

        "We should not ask for lights or miracles, or prophecies, or gifts of the Spirit, only for repentance. Repentance brings humility; humility will bring grace from God, because grace always goes to the humble, of necessity. Therefore, repentance is necessary for our salvation and when we have it, the grace of God will come and it will teach us what we need to do for salvation even of our fellows too, if it is necessary." -- Elder Paisios (+1994)

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2013
          Yes, I wonder how people feel about Saint Joseph the Martyr?

          A friend in Moscow thinks the fresco will be removed.

          While this doesn't directly concern the Moscow frescoes, who remembers that the Holy Synod of the Church Abroad issued a Decree forbidding icons of those not canonised/glorified by the Church?

          Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 12:33 AM
          Subject: Re: [orthodox-rocor] Do you see what I see?

          and Br. Jose! nice photograph -- must have been some expert who took that!

          "We should not ask for lights or miracles, or prophecies, or gifts of the Spirit, only for repentance. Repentance brings humility; humility will bring grace from God, because grace always goes to the humble, of necessity. Therefore, repentance is necessary for our salvation and when we have it, the grace of God will come and it will teach us what we need to do for salvation even of our fellows too, if it is necessary." -- Elder Paisios (+1994)

            wait, you mean it could be removed because this picture of it has made it known?

            Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 12:33 AM

            and Br. Jose! nice photograph -- must have been some expert who took that!

            "We should not ask for lights or miracles, or prophecies, or gifts of the Spirit, only for repentance. Repentance brings humility; humility will bring grace from God, because grace always goes to the humble, of necessity. Therefore, repentance is necessary for our salvation and when we have it, the grace of God will come and it will teach us what we need to do for salvation even of our fellows too, if it is necessary." -- Elder Paisios (+1994)

              I had the Synodal Decree prohibiting the painting of icons of the non-glorified.  Now on my dead hard drive.  Does any have it?  It was promulgated by our bishops at their September 1978 Synod.  At the same Synod they issued another Ukase prohibiting heart transplants, whether as recipient or donor.

              Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 12:33 AM

              and Br. Jose! nice photograph -- must have been some expert who took that!

              "We should not ask for lights or miracles, or prophecies, or gifts of the Spirit, only for repentance. Repentance brings humility; humility will bring grace from God, because grace always goes to the humble, of necessity. Therefore, repentance is necessary for our salvation and when we have it, the grace of God will come and it will teach us what we need to do for salvation even of our fellows too, if it is necessary." -- Elder Paisios (+1994)

                i wonder what they think of the icon of Avakuum at the Old Rite parish in Erie *:-? thinking

                Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 12:33 AM