Statement from the Chancery of the Synod of Bishops

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2013
      http://www.synod.com/synod/eng2013/20130719_enkapner.html

      NEW YORK: July 19, 2013

      Statement from the Chancery of the Synod of Bishops

      The Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia has recently received repeated complaints about the activities of and statements made by a certain Nathanael (Kapner), who lives on the territory of the Western American Diocese, but has no relation to it. The clergymen and laity of the Russian Church Abroad are hereby informed  that the actions of Nathanael (Kapner) do not have the blessing of the Synod of Bishops. Profoundly saddened by the state of his soul, we call upon Nathanael (Kapner) to refrain from posting on the Internet, to a life of repentance of peace in Christ, “where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all” (Colossians 3:11).

      +KYRILL,

      Archbishop of Western America and San Francisco

      Secretary of the Synod of Bishops.
      July 17, 2013

      "This is the cause of all evils: the ignorance of the Scriptures. We go into battle without arms, and how ought we to come off safe?" -St. John Chrysostom, Homily IX on Colossians.