Re: Defending Christ

  • frjohnwhiteford
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
      You could counter it by pointing out that it is based on a bunch of nonsense.

      If you go to Wikipedia, which is not exactly a conservative Christian resource, you will see that none of what they say is accurate:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus

      Furthermore, the oldest celebration of the nativity of Christ was Theophany, January 6th.

      But the idea that the celebration of Christmas on December 25th has a pagan origin is also nonsense.

      See:

      http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/how-december-25-became-christmas/

      --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, Stephen/Στέφανος <sbuatl@...> wrote:

      > Fathers,
      >
      > How do we argue this? I know that there is much more to this than this simple comparison.…
      >

      > Sent from my iPhone, Stephen/Στέφανος

    • Anthony Bridges
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2013
        I followed the link to your image, and then found this link at the bottom of the page, which shows that there is, as you say, much more to this...

        http://seandharmon.webs.com/jesusmithrahorus.htm

        Deacon Anthony Bridges