Orthodox Study Bible in Russian

  • jbillo2004
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2013
      Dear All,

      A parishioner asked us if we could recommend a bible with some sort of study notes & commentary from an Orthodox perspective to help her newly interested sister understand what she is reading?

      Searching through the Jordanville Bookstore website was a bigger challenge than I could easily overcome.

      Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

      In Christ,
      Rdr John
      Holy Trinity GOC
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2013
        The Orthodox Study Bible is about as close to that as you are going to find at present. The books by Johanna Manley that I mentioned would be sort of the next texts to buy that contain a lot of commentary in a few volumes.

        Presbyter John Whiteford
        St. Jonah Orthodox Church
        Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/
        Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/frjohnwhiteford

        "This is the cause of all evils: the ignorance of the Scriptures. We go into battle without arms, and how ought we to come off safe?" -St. John Chrysostom, Homily IX on Colossians.

        A parishioner asked us if we could recommend a bible with some sort of study notes & commentary from an Orthodox perspective to help her newly interested sister understand what she is reading?

        Searching through the Jordanville Bookstore website was a bigger challenge than I could easily overcome.

        Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

        In Christ,
        Rdr John
        Holy Trinity GOC

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            orthodox-rocor-digest@yahoogroups.com
            orthodox-rocor-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • tondo_ava
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2013
          This is a good one.
          http://www.amazon.com/The-Orthodox-Study-Bible-Christianity/dp/0718003594/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363409641&sr=8-1&keywords=orthodox+study+bible

          The Orthodox Study Bible: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today's World [Hardcover]
          by St. Athanasius Academy of Orthodox Theology

          Rev. Antony Alekseyenko
          in Minneapolis