mp3 versions of 8th Annual Church Music Conference (Lakewood/1994)

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
      I have been trying - without success - to convert my cassette tape recording (2-tape set) of Vigil and Divine Liturgy from the 1994 Church Music Conference in Lakewood, NJ to mp3 format. Has anyone else done that, or can I buy a CD version?
    • Paul Bartlett
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
        On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 13:50:03 -0500, David <jamesdm49@...> wrote:

        > I have been trying - without success - to convert my cassette tape
        > recording (2-tape set) of Vigil and Divine Liturgy from the 1994 Church
        > Music Conference in Lakewood, NJ to mp3 format. Has anyone else done
        > that, or can I buy a CD version?

        I have not done it myself, but depending on where you live, there may be
        commercial services that will do it (for a price, obviously). I once had a
        number of old cassette tapes that a company converted to CDs for me while
        they were still playable. How much you pay depends on the company, of
        course. Some computer software can convert audio CD tracks to MP3 files,
        if that is really what you want. Check the yellow pages or online for
        audio/video conversion services to see if there is anyone near you at a
        price you are willing to pay.

        --
        Paul Bartlett
      • Sajez, Valeria
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
          Radio Shack used to sell a package with the Audacity program and cables in it to convert tapes to CDs.  You can attach your cassette player to your computer to convert your tapes. I saved them in my ITunes library and then burned the CDs.  I did a bunch of mine several years ago.  But you can now download Audacity directly from an online source.  There is probably a better way to do it yourself by now as well.
          valeria