Re: [orthodox-rocor] Orthodox Dyptichs - Reposed - Google Calendar for all Orthodox Christians to add to and use.

  • Shashkin | Шашкин
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 6:14 PM
      Father bless!

      What a beautiful idea!

      Can you add the following
      Olga 1/28/2013
      Boris 1/19/1992
      Martha 6/4/1982
      Vladimir 1/26/2012
      Vikentij 12/18/1961
      Alexander 12/28/1944

      I will have a few more to send you; I need to get the dates.

      In Christ,
      Hristofor Shashkin

      On 11 Dec 2012, at 10.44, Seraphim Holland wrote:

      In reading "Everyday Saints" I came across a monk who commemorated thousands of people daily by memory. I cannot do this, but technology can help me, and you, if you wish. I do not pray enough for others; if you feel you do not have this problem, then please disregard this message! MY intention is to commemorate people on  the anniversary of their repose, and for forty days thereafter : we have a regular Thursday liturgy that is perfect for this.

      The calendar is at: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=qlslcidjs95u1c7hlvj3gfauvo%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

      Here is the description of the calendar:

      Listing of Orthodox Christians, using their Christian name,  who have reposed, on the civil date of their repose.
      Each entry will repeat every year, to facilitate commemoration of the reposed yearly, or for those who wish, for forty days every year, on the anniversary of, and the days following the anniversary of their repose.

      ONLY LIST ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS. All names can be therefore commemorated in the proskimidie and any commemoration service for the dead.

      Format of a listing:
      TITLE First Name Last Name mm/dd/yyyy ; Comment
           The only required entries are the First Name (Orthodox name only please!) and the date of repose.

      Examples

      Priest Faddi  10/25/2012 ; Martyred in Syria
      Sergius 9/29/2012 ; murdered
      Archpriest John Witbrock 11/3/2012 ; Church of Antioch
      Demetra Boulos 11/30/2012 ; wife of Dr. Stanley Boulas. Holy Trinity, Dallas

      I am adding to it as I am able, and as I get notices of Orthodox reposed. At least two priest in my area send notices, and I use them, and also I get notices, as we all probably do, of notable Orthodox Christians who have reposed, such as the recently reposed Patriarch Ignatius. I will also work my way through my dyptichs and add entries as I am able, and especially list the names of loved ones of parishioners as I become aware of them.

      The calendar is at: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=qlslcidjs95u1c7hlvj3gfauvo%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

      Anybody can display it. If you are a Priest or Deacon, I will give you update capability, upon your request. I will also add people to the notify list, as I am able.

      I will attempt to add updates that are send to me ***IN THE PROPER FORMAT***, as a labor of love and for the salvation of my soul, so that others pray for me when I repose, but if this catches on, the volume will be too high for me, therefore I encourage clergy  to become Editors of the calendar.

      --
      Priest Seraphim Holland
      seraphim@...  Cell:972 658-5433 Home:972 529-2754